Chapter 1

She stood up from the sofa and smoothed her dress down, glancing over at him on the couch still trying to catch his breath and chuckled a little at the sight of him laying there panting with his pants around his ankles. She walked back over to the window and shut the blinds. He got up and stood behind her pressing his lips to her ear.

"What do you want from me?" He asked in a soft whisper.  

She didn't reply. Instead she moved away from him , to the bar, and poured herself a drink.

"You ain't running things here." He said. She smirked. She was whether he wanted to admit it or not. She put her coat on.

He walked over to her and pulled her hair jerking her head back.

"Go ahead, I like it." She finally whispered.

He let go of his grip. "Shit. I'm sorry Seven." He said running his hand over his head. She shrugged. She didn't care.

He went to his desk and slumped down in the seat. She walked over to him and lifted his chin. She studied his face. His skin was a smooth dark chocolate complexion, his face was chiseled and defined.

His name was Marshall McCoy. He was the founder and owner of the McCoy PR firm. He was tall, dark, and handsome--and at the age of 36 he was one of the youngest owners of a multi-million dollar company. He was also one of the most prominent Black men in the country and featured on the covers of Essence, Jet, and Forbes magazine every year.  

Marshall was married to Angela McCoy, formerly known as Angela Wells. Her father, Paul Wells, was one of the most powerful Black businessmen of his era. Word on the street was he also ran an organized crime empire on the low. 

Angela Wells owned a chain of beauty shops in the tri state area called Angela's.

Seven stood over Marshall and started to massage his shoulders. "I've still got a lot of work to do." He said glancing at all the papers on his desk.

"Okay." She said giving him a long sensual kiss. "I'll see you next time." She said over her shoulder as she walked out the door. She knew he'd call soon.