Chapter 4

Angela came out of the Bloomingdales dressing room wearing the Herve Leger dress she had picked out. It was a floor length metallic bandage gown with an open back and wide v neckline. The material clung to her body, fitting her as if she had been painted in gold.

"Girl, that dress is fire!" Exclaimed her friend Diana who was sitting on a chair outside of the fitting room.

"I know I can't wait to wear it tonight." Angela said turning around in front of the full length mirror in the dressing room. She couldn't wait until Marshall saw her in it.

"It's beautiful." Said one of the ladies in the department store.

"Thanks." Angela said to the lady then turned to Diana. "We have to hurry up, I still have to get my nails done."

"I can't. I have to go." Diana said. "I've gotta pick Ty up from preschool at 2 o'clock and it's already 1:30." She stood up and slung her purse over her shoulder.

"But tonight is important." Angela pouted.

"So is my son." Diana said. "Call me later. Good luck." She said and left.

Angela sighed and went back into her dressing room to take the dress off. Tonight was her anniversary dinner with Marshall. She always looked forward to it because he always took her to a nice place and bought her something exquisite.

She walked out of the dressing room and headed to the check-out counter to purchase her dress. There wasn't that many people there so she didn't have to stand in a line.  

The lady behind the counter gave her a small smile and rang up the price of the dress.

"$1750.13" She said curtly.

Angela pulled her wallet out of her purse and handed the lady an American Express Black card. The woman looked up at Angela surprised and swiped the card.

"Leave the hanger on please. And fold it up nicely I don't want it to get wrinkled." She told the woman. The woman followed Angela's instructions.

She handed Angela the Bloomingdales bag. "Have a nice day."

"You too." Angela responded and left the counter with her bag.

She exited the department store and waited for her town car to circle back around the corner. She took a driver today because traffic in NYC was so bad. After the driver helped her into the car and ran back around settling back into the driver's seat, she instructed him to take her to a nail salon going further into the city.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seven walked through the doors of McCoy PR and approached the front desk.  

"I'm here for Marshall McCoy, I'm his next client." She told the woman at the desk. The woman looked at her computer. 

"I'm sorry, but it doesn't say Marshall is scheduled to see a client right now." She said.

Seven discreetly slipped her two 100 bills. "Can you let me in anyway?"

"Okay." The woman said looking around before giving her a quick nod. You can go."

Seven walked to the elevator and the security guard who was standing there turned towards her.

"What floor m'aam?" He asked.

"45th please."

He pressed the key and they waited for the elevator to reach the lobby.

"Okay m'aam, there you go." He said when the doors finally opened.