Dawn Dempsey

Chapter Eight (Dawn Dempsey)

Perry

"So, you and Harry?" Lobby looks at me. "Are you like a thing now?"

All three of them crossed their arms across their chests then circled me. Great, an interrogation. Just what I need.

"Perry, I think you have to admit something," Daryl's head cocked to the side.

"I have nothing to say,"

A flock of students approached us and it took me some time to realize that it was led by Dawn Dempsey. If I were to describe her, he could be Harry Singer female version but with class. Just like Harry, he goes about the school with her followers. ('Her cult followers,' Angie said.) I suddenly had this feeling that they were waiting by a corridors the whole moment Singer was pestering me before trotting towards us. Like a predator, waiting to pounce on its prey on its weakest.

"Perry," she smiled a million dollar smile, blinding me with her pearly whites.

Angie made gagging sounds from behind me so I stepped down hard on her shoe.

Dawn's long dark hair smacked the girl from behind her right on the face when she flipped her immaculately gorgeous tresses but she didn't seem to notice. The girl didn't complain, anyway.

"So, what's up with you and Harry?" she asked, her lips still parted into a smile.

I told you, Harry female version. If Harry smirks a lot, this one smiles like she wants to skin you alive and eat you.

"There's nothing up," I said slowly. "Whatever you're thinking –"

"I never knew Harry was into losers and garbage material, I guess that's a first," she cut me off by surprise.

Lobby scoffed at her. "Excuse me?"

"I'm sorry, was I talking to you?" Dawn eyes her up and down before returning her attention back to me with an arched eyebrow.

She stepped a little closer to me. "Now, where were we before we were so rudely interrupted?" she says. "Oh, right, I came over to deliver you a message so listen well to me because you're going to need it. Know where your place is in the food chain and stay with your kind because that's how you're going to survive high school. Word of advice: you better watch your back from now on, Perry Moxley."

I was confused. I had no idea what was going on.

"See you around," she flashed me one last charming smile again before strutting away with her acolytes.

"Haven't you and Harry just got back together last week?" I heard one murmur, although I think it was meant to be an innuendo.

We watched in utter repulsion as Dempsey and her fledglings left.

"With Harry on his quest of defiling almost all the girls in our school, I almost forgot that he's also got an on and off relationship with Dawn Humpty Dumpty Dempsey," Angie remarks.

"That girl is nasty," Lobby sighed. "She's going to have to go down someday."

I had no idea what I just put myself into. Curse that Harry douche Singer. Because of him I was now in Dawn Dempsey's hit list.