~03~

But what comes next shocks me like nothing before, not even like the creepiest of the twists in any of the books I've read.

A warm touch on my cheek, a hand brushing my hair away from my face and a husky voice that could have made my knees weak.

"And you don't have to."

I turn my head around so fast that I actually get a whiplash.. "Ouch.. Fuck!"

And the nerve of this guy. He actually chuckles at this. Well its like the sweetest and sexiest sound I've ever heard. But damn this guy, he's laughing at me.

"Don't you dare laugh at me."

He surrenders his hands in air with a mock smile. "Sorry ! I wouldn't dare to do that." His breath fans my face.

And that's when I realise how close he is. Just inches away from my face. My heart beat races and I can bet on my life my face goes red. Good thing its dark and he won't be able to see me blushing.

And then he does the most adorable thing. He cocks his head to the left, like trying to read me and my thoughts, just like that wolf...

Wooooolf..

My eyes go wide at this and I notice the other six wolves still standing behind him. And then the weirdest of the idea had to come to my rescue. He is a werewolf!!! That's the first explanation that comes to my mind seeing him in front of me where just a moment before a wolf had been.