Chapter 1: Introductions

Life wasn't always simple, but of course, everyone should know that.

So many things could have been avoided my senior year, but I guess those things happened for a reason: to show people's true selves.

I don't know where to start here. I guess I'll introduce myself since that's the formality, right?

My name is Hazel Diane Marks and I'm now eighteen years old. I was adopted when I was two years and have an older foster sister, Riley.

Christian and Brayden were the two I have had by my side ever since I was six. they've treated me like their little sister an I wanted nothing more or less. Nothing could change what we had- everyone knew that.

Christian and his then girlfriend, Maya. Maya was controlling him and he didn't even know it until my near death experience seemed to take his attention away from her. This right here was stupidity and blindness at its finest resort.

Now, Brayden and his girlfriend Bella are the people I am most thankful for. The ideal couple that had goals everyone wanted to have. I love them both and they have caused nothing but happiness in my life. Unlike Christian and Maya, Bray and Belle actually worked out despite of the fact that people tried to break them apart. And they were indeed my best friends. 

That leads me to Tate Neilson, who is a totally different story. Well, now that I've mentioned him I guess I'll have to continue, right?

He was a charming one; needless to say I was head over heels for him for a solid three years. He was a wonderful fellow and I didn't regret a thing until he and my cousin, Jessica, went behind my back and screwed each other while little ol' me was oblivious to everything around me. I have dumb moments, I do, and this was definitely one of them.

 No one took Jessica as the type to screw around with anyone if they were in a relationship, but once everyone found out about her and Tate, well, let's just say Jessica wasn't the ideal person to talk to anymore. And what sucked is that our best friend, Dustin, knew the stunt all along. I know, so much for trust and promises.

So much for introductions, huh? I introduce myself, then basically everyone else in my life.

Where do I start now?