17

Emma's pov:
It was finally me and Zach's date night. We haven't been on a date in forever nor dated. I just prayed that this night wasn't so awkward and that I didn't do anything that would make me look stupider than I already made myself out as.

I woke up at 9 o'clock and stretched out. I threw the covers across the room so that I wouldn't be tempted to cover back up in the blanket and fall back to sleep.

I walked into my bathroom and ran the shower. I picked out what I was going to wear which consisted of: a long sleeve graphic tee from Rue21, a pair of light washed high waisted jeans and my Nike roshes.

I hopped in the shower and let the warm water take over my cold body. Once I got out, I dried my body and applied some after shower lotion all over my body. I blow dried my hair slightly and threw it into messy bun because Zach said casual, right?

I changed into my clothes and sprayed some perfume must on. I applied some concealer to any red spots and mascara as well.

Just on time! It was 4 o'clock. I still had about 30 minutes left to kill. I snatched my phone off charger and made my way downstairs. "Wanna play some wii before you head off on your date with Zachary?" I asked her. "Sure!" I said turning the wii on and handing her a controller and grabbing me on also. We played a few rounds of tennis, all of which I won, besides one when she cheated because I went to answer a text message from Zach.

Ring, ring. Sounds like the doorbell. I sighed and turned off the Wii. I opened the door see smiling Clayton. He had a bouquet of roses in his hands. "These.. These are for you.." He stuttered. I laughed at his nervousness. "No need to be nervous around me Clayton." I said assuringly. He laughed it off and lead me to the über.

When we arrived to the destination, it was at a small restaurant, with an outdoor patio. He lead me to the outdoor patio that was closed in with transparent doors.

"This is beautiful." I said. "Not as beautiful as you Emma." He said, grabbing my hand, leading me to a seat. "Tonight's a night to us." He whispered into my ear. I blushed and took a seat. We ordered our meals, mine was a lasagna with extra cheese, he ordered the same thing.

"So tell me how North Carolina was." He said, stuffing his face with cheese and sauces. "Well, it was nice, not as humid as Texas which is amazing, and more cheaper stuff." I laughed. "Your a weirdo." He said smiling. "But my weirdo, only mine." He winked.

We started to walk home, which Zach decided was much better than to get an über, which would've been a lot faster. Our hands were intertwined, and we were just chatting about how my birthday was soon, and his was too.

He walked me up to my house, and we said our goodbyes. I don't think I want to have a love relationship with Zach. I said to myself. I walked into my room, and plopped onto my bed. I feel asleep quickly after a long, worn out day.

1:40am: I wake up to someone calling me on my phone. I stretch out, and and reach over to grab my phone. I answer the call, not bothering to look at the caller id. "Goodnight babe." The caller said, and then hung up. Before I turned my phone off, I looked at my call list. The person who called was Zach...
———
A/N: by this time, it is February. In Texas, it's usually warmer even in winter! It is also 2016. Which means, Emma and Zach won't be talking for long, since Zariel was official in May. I'm not gonna have Emma and Zach date, but be friends with benefits ;). Yes, I will have all those events such as Playlist , and Vidcon.