We've Gotta Go Our Own Ways

Start from the beginning

I heard the door open. (Y/N) walked in.

"Ross, Max, what are you- oh my god NO!" She said, shocked.

"Look (Y/N) I was just-" I started, but she stopped me.

"I know exactly what you were doing! Look I'm not cheating on you with Max okay?" She replied.

I can hear the stress in her voice.

Then what she said registered in my head.

I stiffened up, which she noticed.

I looked at Max, causing him to turn away in fear.

Her expression immediately changed.

"What's wrong, Ross?" She said, concerned.

"How did you know what we were talking about?" I said, suspicious.

Max immediately turned back around.

"What are you saying?" She replied, confused.

"Max, what have you been saying to my girlfriend?" I said as I turned to Max.

"That doesn't matter anymore, only what I'm saying now does. (Y/N), I'm leaving Sky Media. I feel like it's my time to go. My channel is gonna launch soon and I don't feel like this environment is right for it. The guys don't know yet, but I have nothing against anyone here. It's my own decision and I hope you understand." He replied.

"Oh my gosh Max of course I understand! Do whatever you want, you've got my support. Hopefully we'll still record together!" She said, a bit shocked.

"Good. I'm gonna go tell the guys." He said as he walked towards the door of my office.

"Oh and by the way, Ross is leaving too." He said as he looked at her, then me. Then he walked out and closed the door.

Her mouth fell wide open and she looked at me.

I gulped.
_______________________________
Your POV
____________________________

I approached Ross

"So, were you even gonna tell me?" I asked

"Yes! Of course I was! I just...didn't know how...I'm sorry." Ross replied, frowning.

I turned around to face the away from him.

"It's alright, I'm just...surprised." I said, emotionless.

"You're leaving me aren't you?" He replied.

My mouth fell open.

I turned back to see him sitting on the floor, tears in his eyes.

"What? No! No! Ross I'd never-" I started.

"I understand. I'm such a- Wait you're not?" He said as his first tear fell down his face.

I sat on the floor next to him.

"No! I love you Ross, and I support your decision. I really need a full time job right now, so I'm gonna stick around at Sky Media. But we can still record together and there's no way in hell I'm leaving you. You're the best boyfriend ever." I said as I leaned on him.