-Chapter 11-

By the time my dad finally came back into the room it was close to noon. Vee had pulled the other chair up and we put the nightstand between us. I was attempting to teach her to play Spades with a deck of cards we found, and failing horribly.

"Hey girls. What ya'll up to?" asked dad's southern drawl.
"Trying to teach this city bitch to play Spades!" I say, while laying down a Queen of Hearts, taking Vee's Five of Hearts.
"Yeah...I don't get it..." She says to my dad. "...and BTW me being from the city has nothing to do with my card playing skills...thank you very much!" she defends herself as she puts down another card.
"That's what you think. But the fact that you answered in text lingo? Proves my point!" I laugh as I take yet another card. "Dude? Are you even paying attention? I laid down a Jack of Clubs, all you got is a three? No King or Ace of clubs?"
"Shit!"
I just laugh.
"Okay...put the game on pause real quick..." dad tells us. "Alright I talked to the doc. We came to an understanding, you're gonna be released today but they want someone with you at all times..."
"Okay? Ms. I-definitely-don't-know-how-to-play-cards-cause-I-put-my-hand-down-facing-up, Vee can do it. She's with me 24/7 anyway!"
Vee looks at her cards then mine that are faced down on the table."Fuck you asshole. But...yeah...Pops, I can stay with her."
"Maybe later. I gotta shower first." I laugh.
"Naveah...have you even been home at all?" dad asks.
"No. I've been with Harls. I texted my dad and told him and I dropped by my moms apartment when Harley was working."
"Yeah...so?...in short she has pretty much moved in with me." I sum up. "So now that that's settled! When am I getting out this bitch?"
"Well...your nurse is a little, um?"
"Oh, hell nah!" I stand up, grab my boxes and IV pole and walk towards the door.
"Harley? Where are you..." Vee and my dad echo. But I ignore them both.
This little piece of dog shit isn't gonna hold me up from leaving this hospital!

"Excuse me? Where is nurse Benjamin James?" I ask the new woman at the front desk.
"He's down the hall and to the left. Can I help you?" she replies.
I don't answer her, I just make a B-line for where she said. When I get there I notice it's the rehab area I come to or use to come to. I walk down the hall but stop when I hear his voice coming from the break/snack room.
"Benjamin..." that's all I say.
He slowly turns around. It just makes me more pissed. Here he is doing absolutely nothing but he can't come remove some wires so I can go home?
"Harley? You're not suppose to be in here..." he states.
"I want to go home to my kids. But you won't come to my room, I had to come to you. Take it off now..."
I sit down and move closer to him.
"I..."
"Just fucking do it, dude!" I sigh.
Finally he starts unhooking the wires from the boxes and puts them on the table beside us. He removes all the wires from my body, expect the ones under my bra those I remove on my own.
"I need something to help take the IV out. Hold on." he goes to a little closet in the corner and pulls out his bag. He gets a few gauze wraps and some cotton balls.
"I'm going to do the hand one first cause the neck one might hurt."
"So, that is a IV!" it was more of a statement then a question but he still nodded.
Once I was IV and wired free I stood up, thanked him, and worked my way back to my room.

When I got there Vee had stole my chair, the stand was back beside the bed and the other chair was once again on the other
side of the room now with my dad in it.
"What happened? Wait...you're unplugged?" Vee jumped up when she saw me in the doorway.
"Let me jump in the shower then we can go. I'll ask for my paperwork upfront." I told her then turned to my dad. "Dad you can pick up Dallas from Uncle Jay's and take him to your house and since it's now the weekend Mariah can stay at Mrs. Lingers house and hang with her Uncle Trust or she can sleep at her friend KateLynne's house for the weekend. I'm gonna go shower and whatnot now. I might take awhile, Vee...so you can just chill til I get out."
With that? I walk into the bathroom and lock the door.

When I get in the shower I automatically washed my hair and body twice. The shower feels so amazing I don't want to get out, I stay in until the water turns ice cold. Then hop out and put on some black boy shorts, black tight-fit jeans, my black animal print socks, grey Under Armor sports bra and a grey white beater along with my medium sized AC/DC shirt.
I dry my hair with my towel and wipe down the mirror so I can brush my teeth.
I open the door, toothbrush in mouth and find Vee laying in the bed messing with her phone. I look around the room and see that my dad had left.
"Dad go home?" I ask while managing to keep the toothpaste in my mouth.
"Yeah, he said he thinks you've gone crazy but he really did have to go check on little man." she answers me without looking away from her phone.
I walk back in the bathroom rinse my mouth out and start again.
"Dude?...are you really brushing your teeth again?" Vee came and stood behind me.
"Unlike someone I couldn't shower and change for a few days. Yes! I washed my hair twice, my body twice, and now I'm brushing my teeth twice."
"You're so OCD!"
I flip her off as I spit and rinse my mouth again.
"Real mature, Elizabeth!"
"Kiss my ass, Lynne!"
"Are you ready yet?" she whined.
"Yeah." I walk out the bathroom and start putting my stuff back in my pockets. "Bags packed?" I ask as I snap my wallet chain through the loop of my jeans and slide my wallet into my left back pocket.
"Yup. All ready. I had nothing to do while you took the longest fucking shower ever!"
"Shut up!" I walk to the door and out.

When we get to the desk I ask the first person I see..."I was wondering if my release papers are ready?"
"One second..." he says. "Name?"
"Harley Davidson."
He gives me that weird look everybody gives me when they hear my name for the first time.
"Is your middle name Diamond? Uh, Elizabeth?" he asks as he looks at a piece of paper.
"Yes. Harley Diamond Elizabeth."
"Okay..." he hands me the paper. "Sign here and here..."
I sign where he tells me to and hand the paper back. Just as I go to walk away the other nurse I spoke to stops me.
"Someone dropped this off for you..." she says as she hands me a box.
I look at her confused but take the skinny box and go sit in the
waiting area.

Inside is black folding paper and a note.
I read the note first:

"Hey Killa, sorry I couldn't drop this off to you myself, had to run. But I got you a little sumthing for your big date tonight lol. Hope you like it! -Trust!"

"Trustin Justin Linger bought you something? The hell? What is it?" Vee asked when she was done reading the note from over my shoulder.
"Fuck if I know. Here hold this..." I handed her the top piece of the box and the letter.
I unwrapped the paper and saw a shirt.
It was a Machine Gun Kelly "Black Flag" t-shirt, with a post-it note on it.

"Dig deeper mothafucker!"

I did, and pulled out a solid copy of the "Black Flag" album.
"Holy shit!" I yell.
"What?"
"Dude...he got me a Black Flag shirt and burned the album for me with the real cover and everything! Fuck dude!"
"I'm guessing I have to be a super fan to understand, huh?" she teased.
I just shot her a mean look and fold the shirt back in the box and put the letter back and put the top back on.
"You keeping this out?" Vee asked as she pointed to the CD case in my lap.
"Yup! Cause I don't care what your ass says we're listening to it as soon as we get in the truck!" I smiled.
I heard her sigh as we got up and walked to the parking lot.

"Oh shit! Is my truck even here dude?"
Vee smiles the smile she uses when she gets what she wants.
"Yes it is cause I drove it here!"
"Ahh...so...you drove my truck, huh? Hope you enjoyed it cause that was the first and last time it's ever gonna happen!" I smiled back. "Now where's my baby at?"
Her smile faded as she walked.