chapter 4: the necklaces' power

(Connie the manager of the resteraunt you read in previous chapter)

"You're welcome, Jackel." Mal said.

He smiled and looked toward the news.

"Tonight is a blood moon, ladies and gentlemen. Tonight is the bewitching hour." the news forecaster said jokingly on the TV.

"Mal, take off your necklace. Quick." Jackel said, seriously, standing up, looking at Mal.

"Wh-" Ma got cut off.

"Just do it, or else we will miss it." Jackel said.

She took it off and her red stone necklace began to float. The moonlight shot a light beam into the stone and it showed writing on the walls of the living room. The language was a dead language that Mal couldn't understand. Jackel got a pen and paper then wrote down everything quick.

"What is all this?" Mal looked around at her living room.

"It's ancient ruins, they have instructions of what we have to do on our journey and what we need to find." Jackel said.

"What do we need to find exactly?" Mal asked.

"The seven stones of nature," Jackel said. Mal looked in shock and held her breath.

"W-why did my aunt want me to go on a mission for those stones?" Mal stuttered.

"Well they're stones that were in your family and kept separated from each other. If the stones were brought together, all seven of them, there goes the universe" Jackel said with a serious look. "What!" Mal shouted. She turned off the oven, threw her apron and said "I didn't sign up for this!"

"You weren't sign up for this, you were chosen." Jackel paused and then said, "Let me see your neck."

Mal showed him her neck and that's when her neck glowed with three red stars on them.

"Yep your chosen you have three stars on your neck." Jackel said examining her neck still.

"What do the stars do?" Mal asked.

"Nothing, except help identify who the chosen one is. They only show under a beam of the red moon and, well, show your true form." Jackel said.

"I'm not some sort of ugly demon, am I?" Mal asked.

"Let's hope not." Jackel said.

"What do you think my true form is?" Mal asked.

"Probably an angel." Jackel said smiling. The necklace stopped glowing and floated down and into her hands the red beam from the moon disappeared.

"So where do we go first?" Mal asked.

"Before we discuss that, let's eat and maybe pack some desert." Jackel said.

"Why?" Mal asked.

"It going to be a long night out on the road." Jackel said and sighed.

Soon there was a knock on the door. "I wonder who that could be?" Mal said. She walked over to the door and looked through the peephole. It was Cherry. Mal opened the door and let Cherry in.

"Oh snickerdoodles, Mal, I need help!" Cherry said with panicking tone.

"Why, what's wrong, Cherry?" Mal asked. Mal and Jackel looked at her with concern.

"I'll show you." Cherry went out and came back in with a pet tiger. Mal got scared and jumped into Jackel's arms.

"Holy shit! Why do you have a tiger?" Jackel shouted backing away from the tiger.

"I adopted it from this really cute guy and, well, you know the rest." Cherry said.

"So what you want me to take care of it?" Mal asked, looking at Cherry like she was crazy.

"It would be amazing if you did." Cherry begged.

Mal sighed and said, "Fine, he will take the guest room.""Yay, now my landlord won't throw me out." Cherry cheered with joy.

"Yay..." Mal said, sarcastically, and got out of Jackel's arms and took the tiger upstairs.

"So have you asked her out yet?" Cherry asked Jackel.

"What makes you think she will ever go out with me?" Jackel asked.

"Because you're fuckig fabulous and, boy, she is a unique pretty girl, who has spent way too many lonely nights watching tv shows and eating ice cream." Cherry said.

Jackel just chuckled, then said, "So what do you think I should do?"

"Be a man and tell her that you like her, but not right away. First off, start simple with compliments, and then gifts.. You know, all that lovey dovey crap." Cherry said.

"Alright." Jackel said.

Mal came back down stairs and resumed cooking.

Jackel sat on the table watched her cook and Cherry saw the paper with weird writing.

"Hey, what's this?" She asked looking at it.

"It's our journey to find the seven deadly stones." Jackel said.

"Oh cool, can I come along? I bet it'd be fun, all three of us, and we can bring the tiger." Cherry said excitedly.

"These days people just keep getting crazier and crazier." Mal muttered to herself, annoyed finishing up the pasta.

Mal laid out three plates with forks and put pasta on each plate. Jackel grabbed his fork, thanked Mal for the pasta and stuffed his face. Mal and Cherry laughed at him because he was pretty childish, and then they began to eat their pasta too. As soon as they were finished Jackel got a phone call and picked it up.