20.0

(Isaiah's P.O.V)😱

I had finished my shift at Starbucks already so I started walking home. I wanted to go the long way so I went through the park.

As soon as I reached the entrance of the park I saw a body laying on the ground. I quickly ran to the body and soon recognized that the body was Sarai.

"Sarai...Sarai!" I grabbed her arm trying to find her pulse.

I found her pulse but it was really slow. I took out my phone and dialed 911.

Shortly after, ambulances arrived at the scene and put Sarai on a stretcher. They put an oxygen mask on her and try to figure out what she had wrong.

"Did you see what happened?" An EMT asked me.

"No, I just saw her lying on the ground." I answered.

"We have to take her to the hospital do you want to ride with her in the ambulance?" He asked.

"Yes please." I replied.

We got into the ambulance and it started to drive off. Sarai was alive but she was unconscious. I wonder what happened. Shouldn't Joel be with her?

We arrived at St.Luke's Hospital and the EMT's quickly got Sarai out of the ambulance and into the emergency room.

I grabbed Sarai's things and walked into the waiting room. I know I shouldn't use her phone without permission but I had to call her mom. This was kind of an emergency.

I called her mom and she said she would get here as soon as possible. Then I called Sandi to let her know and she said she was coming.

5 minutes had not even passed by when I saw Sarai's mom and Sandi coming into the waiting room.

"Que le paso a Sarai?" Her mom asked me.

"No se señora. Yo la encontre en el parque inconsiente." I politely answered.

"What were you doing in the park?" Sandi questioned me.

"I had finished my shift at Starbucks and was walking home." I answered.

"Was she sick or something?" I asked Sandi.

"No but I'm pretty sure this has to do with Joel." She replied.

"Joel?" I asked confused.

"Yea, she saw a picture on Instagram of him with another girl. She wasn't in conditions to be alone but she literally ran out my house." She said with tears in her eyes. "I should've followed her."

"It's ok Sandi. She's being taken care of now. She'll be okay." I tried comforting her.

"I hope so. If not this will be Joel's fault." She yelled with anger.

"There's no need to blame anyone. Who's ever fault it is doesn't matter right now. Sarai's health is what matters now." I said.

"You're right Isaiah." She simply said.

As soon as we finished talking the doctor came out.

"Como esta mi hija?" Sarai's mom asked.

"Esta fuera de peligro pero sabian que esta embarazada?" The doctor questioned.

"Embarazada? No, no sabiamos." Sarai's mom answered.

"Bueno tiene un mes de embarazo, tal vez se entero de algo que la altero. Pero tiene que descansar mucho y comer bien." The doctor said.

"Puedo pasar a verla?" She asked.

"Por supuesto. Venga conmigo." He replied.

Sarai's mom followed the doctor to the room while me and Sandi stayed in the waiting room. We were still a little bit shocked.

"Did you know she was pregnant?" I asked breaking the silence.

"No." She softly said.

"Joel should know about this I mean he is the father." I said.

"No he can't know. He's already hurt Sarai too much, his presence will just make it worse." Sandi replied.

"Well as long as she's okay." I said.

"Why do you care so much about Sarai anyways?" She questioned me.

"Well because I-I have...because she's my friend." I simply said.

She can't know the truth. She can't know the real reason why I care so much.

"You just met her though." She said.

If only she knew.

"Well yea but I still see her as a friend." I shrugged.

Sarai's mom walked out of the room and came towards our direction.

"Sarai quiere hablar con los dos." She said.

"Estabien tia ahorita vamos." Sandi answered.

We walked to room 208 where Sarai was staying. Sandi opened up the door and Sarai was laying there paler than the usual.

"Hey." Sandi said.

"Hi." Sarai replied.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her.

"Better I guess." She chuckled.

"Did you know you were pregnant?" Sandi quickly asked.

"No. It took me by surprise too." She said.

"Are you going to keep it?" Sandi asked.

"Of course I am! Children are a gift from God and I'm not going to reject this precious gift." She convincingly said. "Even if that means raising him or her on my own."

"You don't plan on telling Joel right?" I said.

"No,he's trying to accomplish his dream. And plus he already found someone better than me he doesn't need me anymore." She sadly said.

"Well that's his loss. That jerk doesn't deserve your tears." Sandi angrily said.

"It was his decision, nobody can change that." Sarai simply said.

"Have you at least talked to him to clear up things?" I asked.

"I tried but he didn't answer so I just left it at that." Sarai shrugged.

"Well I have to go, I have some talkkng to do with Erick." Sandi said.

"Please don't mention anything about this." Sarai pleaded.

"I'll try not to." Sandi said walking out the door.

We were left alone in her room I silence but Sarai decided to break it.

"Thank you Isaiah." Sarai smiled.

"For what?" I asked confused.

"For basically saving my life. And not only mine but my baby's life too." She smiled looking down at her stomach.

"It was nothing. I would do that and more for someone I care." I smiled.

"How can I ever pay you back?" She asked.

"With nothing." I simply said.

"C'mon there must be something." She insisted.

"Well there is.." I said.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Just be my friend." I sweetly said.

"Deal." She put out her hand and I shook it.

"Deal."

Double update for my lovely readers😉😌❤

Feedback is appreciated😊