Chapter Six

Alicia Jura could remember the day like it was yesterday.

She worked as a janitor during the night at the local hospital while she took nursing classes during the day. When Samantha gave birth, she was only a few allowed workers on her floor. She spoke to Samantha a few times and even held little Beautiful. She would always remember how gracious Samantha was to her.

When she had to pay for the next semester's term, she found out it was all paid in full, books and materials included. Samantha and Bobby covered her bill.

It was that memory that shot back into her head when Alicia found out news about Beauty. She suddenly remembered an old memory she'd long buried but never completely forgotten. When Samantha was asleep and recovering from her cesarean, she went inside her room to empty the trash and did light cleaning. While she was in the bathroom, she overheard what she thought was a nurse checking up on the baby.

Instead, it was the local priestess pretending to be a nurse and she said something to the sleeping baby.

"When you turn 21, you shall die once you take your first sip of alcohol."

The priestess soon left the room and completely exited the hospital premises. Alicia waited until it was safe before she approached the baby.

She knew true witches never spoke about their power and kept it a closely guarded secret. Sure, they could create spells, and perform magic if they chose, but only did that to intercept evil.

She would know because she was a witch.

Alicia'd always hated the priestess and her form of "magic" like she'd called it. Magic? Hardly. Crap was a more apt description.

Alicia went inside Samantha's room and spoke to Beautiful. "When you turn 21, you will drink a potion that will make you fall asleep until you're kissed by a prince. He is the one for you." She kissed her index and middle fingers and placed them on the baby's forehead.

As the memory faded into the background, Alicia hoped to God the spell overrode the evil one or she would never forgive herself.