Chapter Three

"There are spies in your castle. I'm sure of it," Castiel said. You nodded, already thinking up of the names of demons who would most likely turn on you. Despite that, you knew it would be hard to find exactly who was behind this organisation.

You looked around the empty parking lot, a sudden odd feeling washing over you. A feeling that you weren't alone, that someone or something was watching you. You turned to Castiel, who looked as uneasy as you felt.

"You did come alone, right?" You asked him, afraid of the answer. He nodded.

"And you?" He asked in return. You nodded as well. Something was definitely wrong.

Suddenly Duriel shouted, and for a brief second you realised that you had forgotten about him. That brief second lasted just that, as Duriel charged behind you, Angel blade in hand.

You turned around quickly just to witness his blade sinking into the chest of a demon behind you, who was holding a dagger and had his arm raised, like he was ready to stab you.

You're heart was racing now, and you looked about wildly to see if there were anymore demons. You didn't see any, but your hand still rested where you kept your knife. Duriel scoffed behind you.

"So much for the truth..." He snarked, looking at you with a glare. You felt anger rise in you, and promptly raised your hand, letting Duriel soar across the parking lot.

"That was not my demon! Did you not see that he was trying to kill me?" You shouted, ready to march to where Duriel lay, but a hand on your shoulder stopped you.

"He's a child, ____. He's your child. Let him be," Castiel whispered, looking at you with those eyes. You shook your head.

"I am sorry Castiel. I can't work like this," You apologised before disappearing back to your castle, where you immediately set your guards to work.

You ordered your castle to go on lockdown, where you would try and work there- without any distractions. A place you could work without blue eyes piercing your soul.

You started with your second in command, your most trusted demon, Delilah. You knew she wouldn't turn on you, but you asked to see her in your office anyway.

A few minutes passed and the door opened, Delilah stepping inside your office.

"Delilah, where do your loyalties lie?" You asked nonchalantly, twirling a pen in your fingers. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Why, with you, my queen. Where did this come from?" She responded. You shook your head.

"There is a plot to overthrow me," You said. Her face fell and recognition dawned on her face, and you immediately raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"

"You see, my queen, we have had our eyes on a certain demon, he... Well... He looks familiar. I think he may be the one behind the plans to overthrow you," Delilah explained. Anger rose in your stomach.

"And why was I not informed about this?!" You yelled. Delilah jumped slightly, but kept her composure.

"We didn't want to stress you out more than you already were. But I think now he has become a real threat," She said. You rubbed the bridge of your nose between your thumb and forefinger, trying desperately to stay calm.

"Okay, okay. Do you have a name?" You asked, risking a glance at Delilah. She audibly gulped, and you knew the name couldn't be good.

"Um... Well, it's uh... It's Crowley."