12

"Hey! Let me go!" Yelled a mouse as she was being pulled into a mysterious lair. She looked around frantically. What is this place? She wondered.

All she knew, is that she was taken hostage by this random Panther and he drugged her and took her into this dark place.

"W-What are you gonna do to me?" She said, her voice shaking.

Mason smiled. "Don't worry, squeak, you're gonna join your little friend over here!" He faced her to the rabid squirrel who was running around in her cage and scratching like crazy.

The mouse screamed, but it came out as more of a little squeal to Mason. He laughed evilly. "Time for your...special treatment.

*********

~The Next Day~

"Good morning, carrots!" Nick said to Judy as she woke up.

"Hey," she smiled.

"Feeling any better?"

Judy sighed. "My side still hurts, but, besides that, I'm pretty good."

Nick nodded, but still looked concerned. "I'm sorry you have to go through all this pain, carrots."

Judy looked at her friend, in shock. "Nick...it's fine. Like I said, it's my job."

The pair smiled at each other. "Thanks for looking out for me," said Judy.

"It's what friends do," Nick shrugged, but felt his cheeks warming up. She is so wonderful. And funny. And beautiful... Stop it, Nick! Prey and predator can't be together! That's just wrong!

Suddenly, the nurse walked in, interrupting their conversation, which kind of upset Nick for some reason. He wanted to talk to Judy alone for once. The nurse came in, like, every five seconds to check up on her!

"Ok, I am going to have to remove your bandage, so you will have to stay out in the hall, sir," she said to Nick.

Nick sighed, and nodded, getting up to go sit in the chair outside the door.

When she was done giving Judy a new bandage, he was allowed back in. "So, how'd it go, carrots?"

Judy sighed. "Well, it kinda hurt when she peeled it off, but good news! I'm not losing blood anymore!"

Nick smiled. "That's always good," but he was still worried for his friend. She was hurt, and he couldn't stand to see her in such a condition. He was used to seeing the happy, smiling Judy that was determined to do anything. Not a hurt, crippled one in the hospital. But she still kept her determination through it all. That's what Nick loved about Judy. Wait...Did he love her? No. As a friend. Nothing more. Nothing less.

"I'm really tired," Judy said. "That's strange."

"I think it's he medicine they gave ya, whiskers," he said.

"Yeah," Judy nodded, yawning and stretching out her arms before laying her down on the pillow, and quickly falling to sleep.

Nick was now bored, but he wanted to stay. She looked so adorable when she slept. Her ears would twitch every once in a while when she heard a slight noise, and her nose would twitch when she was dreaming. Nick wanted nothing more than to just lay there and cuddle her, but if Judy woke up and saw him, she would surely flip out at him. He chuckled to himself thinking of what her reaction would be to him cuddling her: "Nick, stop it,you dumb fox!" He loved teasing her. She was cute when she was angry.