1

"I really have to go?" I sigh as I watch Brendon carefully place a black t-shirt into the maroon suitcase I bought him especially for this tour.

Brendon looks back at me over his shoulder and shakes his head. "You don't have to do anything." For a moment I feel relieved, until he turns back around and sighs. "I was just really looking forward to you going." He all but pouts, sticking out his bottom lip.

He was good at that. Making me do whatever he wanted to by making me feel guilty when I said no.

I let out a soft groan and move to wrap my arms around Brendons waist, letting my chin rest softly on his shoulder as he packs his underwear into a small pouch. "So.... I guess I should get out my suitcase then, huh?"

Brendons lips turn up at my words and he quickly pecks a kiss onto my cheek. "Your suitcase is already packed and waiting by the door." He hums.

I chuckle at that. "It's kind of like you knew I'd say yes."

"I had a feeling." He smirks, making me roll my eyes. Of course he did.

***

The bus was much bigger than the ones I was used to riding around the country in, when I toured with panic. Not to mention back when I was touring, the faces surrounding the bus were a lot friendlier.

"Brendon!" Dallon practically squeals as we get closer to the bus, Zack behind us, lugging our suitcases towards the bus.

Brendon smiles brightly at the tree like man. "Dallon! You ready for New York?" He hums.

"More than ready." Dallon chuckles, before greeting Brendon with a hug that seemed to be much too long for my taste. I liked Dallon, I really did. He was kind of dorky and his jokes didn't always land the way he planned them to but he was a good guy. But the way he looked at Brendon made me want to punch him in the face. The videos I had seen of them being stage gay together didn't exactly help very much either. It was hard for me to be comfortable with him around, no matter how much I trusted Brendon.

"If you weren't running late, we would already be halfway there." I hear a voice say as a short stocky man comes off the bus. When our eyes meet, his smile fades. Kenny. The guy fucking hated me. For what reason, I didn't know. I overheard him talking to Dan once about how annoying he thought I was and ever since then I've tried to keep my distance. Nothing seems to help it though. "Ryan..." He sighs "I didn't think you were coming."

"I didn't either." I try to let out a soft laugh but it just turns out to be awkward. "You know how good Brendon is at getting his way."

"Yeah. I guess he is." He says with a roll of his eyes, making my smile fade instantly. What the fuck was his problem? I was likeable. I was friendly. So why did he hate me so much?

Brendon interrupts my thoughts by wrapping his arms tightly around my waist and pulling me in close to him, laying a gentle kiss onto my shoulder as Dan calls for Kenny to go back inside the van. Thank god for that.

"They hate me." I murmur so only Brendon can hear. "Your band hates me."

He sighs softly at my words and shakes his head. "They don't hate you they just--"

I roll my eyes at that and turn to cut him off with a knowing look.

"Okay so they hate you. Yeah. But they'll come around, Ry!" He pulls on a smile, his hands coming up to cup my cheeks. "Soon they'll realize how fucking amazing you are. They'll see the guy that I fell in love with and realize that you're not just some guy who ruined my marriage."

I chuckle at his wording and shake my head gently. "Was that supposed to make me feel better? Because it didn't. At all." I sigh. "They really think I ruined your marriage?"

Brendon shrugs gently, trying to play off a bad situation as merely awkward, but he's definitely not getting away with it. "Yeah but...." He lets out a breath. "That's not important. What's important is that you and I are about to spend the weekend in New York City, and then after that we get to travel around the country together. Just like old times." He smiles brightly.

Seeing Brendons excitement lights the same fire in me. He's right. What the others thought of me didn't really matter. What mattered was that Brendon and I loved each other, and we were going to make the best of this adventure. No matter what. "Then what the hell are we still doing here? Let's go."