𝐱𝐱𝐱. GIVE ME LOVE

Start from the beginning

[chris] did you get my text?

[chris] i know you did

[chris] it says you read it

Man, I really gotta learn how to turn that thing off.

[chris] janelle this is important

Before I even had the chance to respond, Chris was already calling me. I answered, putting the call on speaker, so I could continue what I was doing.

"Why didn't you respond to my text earlier?" he immediately interrogated.

"Hi, Chris, I'm fine. Thank you, and you?" I replied, sarcastically.

"Very funny," he said. "Now can we please stop joking around and get back to business?"

I paused, furrowing my eyebrows, "Why are you so upset?"

"I'm not upset. I'm just doing my job. I'm making sure you're not in any danger," Chris explained in a softer tone this time.

"And what made you think that I was?" I questioned, suspiciously.

It was silent on the other line for a while before he said, "Gut feeling."

"Right," I scoffed, "because I'm totally gonna get attacked at 7 o'clock in the morning."

"Can you meet me at The Grill later?" he asked. "I really do need to talk to you."

"Only if you tell me what's going on with you first," I replied.

Chris sighed, "I will. Later, okay? Just promise me you'll be there."

I pursed my lips, not wanting to give in, but I knew Chris would never budge if I kept prodding him. "Fine. I'll see you in an hour."

I ended the call and finished up covering the rest of the marks near my shoulder. I applied some mascara on my eyelashes and lightly contoured my cheekbones.

I heard the shower turn off as I scrolled through my phone. Kai walked out with a towel around his waist, but I was too busy watching Snapchats to acknowledge him. He already had some spare clothes here, so I wasn't worried about that.

Since I wasn't paying attention to anything going on around me, I didn't notice when Kai came up behind me until he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

I smirked, looking up at him through the mirror, "What?"

"You know..." he began, averting his gaze away from me for a second, "you're the only girl I've ever been with."

"You mean like... romantically or intimately?" I asked.

"Both," he replied.

I blinked, turning around to fully face him. "Wait — you're serious?"

"Is it really that hard to believe?" Kai asked, backing up to take a seat on my bed.

Is that really even a question?

Of course, it's hard to believe. How was I supposed to know Kai's never been with anyone before me?

I mean, it's not something you just go around asking people.

"Well, you definitely could've fooled me," I told him, truthfully. "So, you never..." I asked and Kai shook his head in response. "Wow," I said, not being able to stop myself from thinking about it. "So basically I was your first..."

"Everything," Kai answered, a little quieter this time.

"Wow."

I'm just not over the fact I totally stripped this boy of his innocence. Not that he was innocent, to begin with, but come on.