Chapter 39: The conference begins

Start from the beginning

To ponder the mysteries of this world was not really Raka's intention when he chose to watch the dwarf players hunt. No, he was watching them to confirm something. He wanted to verify that dwarfs really didn't get confused by the sound. After all, there is suspicion and there is verification.

And he did confirm that dwarves are seemingly immune to confusion effects of the foxes. 'Till what extent does their immunity last though? It cannot be that they are immune to every negative status effect. Perhaps it is the sound medium that they are immune to. Would smell work? Can't say...'

'Knocking them on their heads should work.' Raka laughed as he watched a dwarf player take an amazing tumble. Watching dwarf players hunt was a delight. Especially, since he found a couple of newbies.

Unlike Gurrow village, Hya'cinth did not have an Age barrier. Which meant that anyone, ANYONE, could come out and hunt. Now what seemed too easy to Raka, did not mean that it was really easy. After all, life is relative, so was the game.

Atleast, the veteran players who had chosen to convert from the human race knew what they were doing. These newbies were...

"Aah...it hurts! You fu**king dog! Let me get my hands on you!" <male voice>

"Aah...no...ouch! It hurts....it hurts! Damn! Let's run away...!" <female voice>

The male dwarf smashed down a thick piece of wood onto a fox, which easily avoided it. Rather it danced all around it. To present a perspective, these two were fighting a single siren fox.

'Why did it not attack in a group or run away cowardly?' Raka did not know.

'Maybe it is able to understand the level of danger. Like a jackal would attack a baby but would run away from a tiger!' Raka guessed.

"Stay still you mongrel!" roared the guy as he kept smashing the piece of wood down like a roughshod club. Even the woman/girl/female had picked up a stick from somewhere and was trying to hit the fox.

'Um..... trying is an overstatement.' The siren fox was a small dog like creature, similar in size to real world foxes. They did not have much agility though their running speed was fast. Again, that was relative.

'Idiots! Do they have some stats or not. They definitely don't have the endurance stat. O heck.. seems like they are about to die. Haha..' Raka was quite amused.

And then the fox bit the leg of the guy and he went down screaming.

"Aaaaaah!" The guy cried.

"Please help us..." The girl looked directly at Raka as she pleaded.

Well, Raka was not exactly hiding.

Raka sighed. He simply waved his hand a bit. A small explosion blasted the fox away. It crash landed a few feet away and did not rise again.

'About 40 Life...' Raka guessed.

"Identify"     

%

                                                               Siren Fox

Class: Animal