Part 21 - Close

Lindsey moved in for the most part, being quite low matience, Stevie making him go out to the store to shop for clothes; he only had what he brought with him and that wasn't much. She was taking care of him well, almost as if being pregnant turned on a button inside her to start overly caring for others around her, that being a plus for Lindsey. Stevie was never the type of woman that was to act on wifely duties, Stevie's mother proving to Lindsey once again that she knew her daugther like the back of her hand. This was most likely the best thing that has ever happened for the two of them, bringing their relationship to a whole new level. When it came time for Stevie's appointments, Lindsey was there to support her and when they were home, Stevie made sure he had everything that he needed. There wasn't one thing that she would let him go with out, though she was not feeling sexually active and that put a damper on his heart, always being able to seduce her with out a problem - this being a first!

The side effects of Stevie's pregnancy worsened as weeks went on, now being in her sixth month, continuously having heartburn and pressure from the baby laying on her organs. She'd barely sleep and when she did, it wasn't long, the baby now moving about and only if she was still! It was impossible  for her to relax and Lindsey would do everything in his power to make sure that she was assisted.

"Mmm," Stevie whimpered, it going on three in the morning and she still wasn't asleep. Lindsey fell in to a slumber around midnight and poor Stevie was begging for the baby to stop the somersaults.  "Oh, angel, please stop," rubbing the lower section of her chaffed belly.

She decided that maybe if she walked, the baby would stop, thinking she could wear them out by her own exhaustion, getting up out of the bed and forcing herself to pace the bedroom floor. Both her hands supported the growing child, Stevie's small frame making it look like she was farther long than she was, feet swelling from the extra weight.

Lindsey woke minutes later, the way she was walking in front of the window and casting a shadow from the moon, it somehow disturbed him. He rubbed at his eyes and realized that it was Stevie that disrupted him.

"Baby," sitting up and tossing his legs over the side of the bed, "...what's wrong, sweetie?" yawning.

"Don't mind me, Linds, just having trouble getting the baby to sleep again..." walking back and forth like a penguin.

"Oh, baby, not again..." This was the third night in a row that that  child was not cooperating. 

"Yes, that, again."

"I'm sorry, Steph, come here," opening his arms as she gladly accepted his comfort. Lindsey took the bottom of her butt through her nightgown and rubbed up and down her upper thighs, kissing the top of her belly. "Alright, champ, it's time to settle in now - mommy has to rest," talking to the unborn baby.

"I don't think that will work, dad, they're obviously a nightowl like their mother."

He nodded as he looked up at her, "You're right, they are a nightowl like you, but until they're eighteen - they have a bed time!" trying to get Stevie to laugh as she chuckled. Lindsey smiled as he took hold of her belly, lifting her nightgown to feel the child squirm, the beauty of feeling his own baby move.

"Oh, Linds, I wish we could trade off on who gets to carry them," leaning her head back.

"Hey," pulling her closer as he took her widened hips, "...I'll stay up with you until you get to sleep, okay? It's not fair that I'm just easily able to rest while you struggle," standing and wrapping his arms around her the best he could, giving her a soft kiss.

"You'd do that for me? Are you sure that you want to stay up? You don't have to," feeling the tears in her eyes.

"I'm sure I want to," nodding as he took her by the face, giving her another kiss. "I love you, baby."