Chapter 25

The vodka burned through my throat as it slowly made its way down. I cringed at the coldness and at the taste.

"One more sip," Calum said. The three of them watched in amusement.

"You said one sip, and I had one."

"The first one never counts because of course it's going to taste like shit," he laughed.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. There was no way this was going to taste any better while I was sober. The reason it ends up tasting "so amazing" after the first few sips is because your brain wants more alcohol so it fools you to think it tastes good. 

I hand the drink to Cal but he shook his head. "One more."

I huffed and took another sip. He was right, the second sip definitely tasted better than the first but it still wasn't good.

"How do you like it now?" Michael said, a crooked smile forming at one corner of his mouth.

I giggled and took another sip. The crisp watermelon taste getting sweeter and sweeter with each swallow.

"I'm taking that as a yes," Calum laughed. From the corner of my eye, I looked over at Luke who had been quiet for most of the time. He sat on the floor, his legs stretched out crossing one another. His bottle was still pretty much full, resting by his side. I felt him eyeing me carefully with each swig I took. Was he disappointed in me? He was the one who invited me to their room anyways.

I tilted my head back along with the bottle as I took the last sip. "Do you have any more of these delicious things?" I said, dragging out the word delicious as I spoke.

"Yeah, we have eight left. We brought two six packs," Calum answered. 

"Caaaan I have another?" I giggled, biting down on my empty bottle with my top front teeth. Cal smiled and got up to grab me another bottle. I didn't even hesitate to pop the cap when my fingers made contact with it.

"Don't drink it too fast, Jules. You're going to get sick if you do," Michael suggested but I wasn't paying much attention.

"Michael..." I slurred. "Did I ever tell you how beautiful your hair is? I mean, it's like a rainbow!" I exclaimed, stroking my fingers through his blue hair.

The three of them laughed at my comment and watched me run my fingers through his hair carelessly.

I giggled at the sound of their laughs. "What's so funny?" I asked.

"We need to get her drinking more often, she's hilarious!" Calum fell on the bed laughing. 

"I think that's enough for you," Luke stood up and reached for the Smirnoff but I pulled away and held it close to my chest.

"Why so serious?" I said, giggling. Why couldn't I stop giggling? How drunk could two bottles of vodka make me in ten minutes? I pushed my index finger into his chest, failing at pushing him away. "You're the one that suggested I come to the paaarty!" I say, throwing my hands up in the air laughing.

"Yeah but I didn't think you were actually going to have a drink."

"Why? The rest of you are drinking? Why can't I have some fun on this trip! Everybody's trying to down on my mood!" I whined and took another sip.

"I'm not drinking as much as you are. This was a mistake, lads." I heard him say.

"Luke, lighten up. This trip has been hell for her. Let her have some fun." Michael said.

I looked up and Luke a lazy smile. "Yeah, have a few trinks. I mean, drinks," I laughed at myself. "Yourself mate." 

He rolled his eyes and sat back down to take a sip of his.