Chapter 20

"I think we should do Secret Santa," I offered to the band, cuddling in Ashton's arm. Christmas was only a week away. I figured we'd do something fun and completely harmless.

We were sitting in his basement, which was a pretty cool hangout. It had a fifty-two inch TV, a few sofas.

"Secret Santa?" Michael said, leaning his back in the beanbag chair.

"Yeah. I do it with my family every year," I said. "Haven't you guys ever done it?"

"I've done it and I think it's stupid." Calum laughed. Him and Luke were sitting on the couch across from Ashton and me. Luke sat there quietly. He and I hadn't talked much since the encounter at Starbucks a month ago.

"I don't think it's that bad," Ashton said. "Let's do it, babe." He smiled down at me.

I grabbed a pen and piece of paper and tore off little strips, writing each of our names down. 

"Do any of you guys have a hat?" I asked. Calum pulled off his beanie and handed it to me. "Thank you," I said and dropped the little paper pieces in it. "Alright, who wants to go first?" 

"I guess I will." Michael sighed and reached his hand in. "Oh, fuck me," he groaned as he read the name.

"Remember, you can't tell anyone until after the exchange! And the minimum amount is five dollars." I laughed. Calum reached in next and grinned.

"Who do you have?" Luke asked as he put his hand in.

"Can't say," Calum said and burst into laughter.

When Luke reached in, his eyes got wide and he immediately put the paper in his pocket.

"You're turn." I smirked up at Ashton. He sighed and put his hand in the beanie.

I smiled at him as he scrunched his face and I grabbed the last name.

Michael

I didn't know whether to be sad I didn't get Ashton or not but either way, I had no idea what to get Michael.

"Who'd you get?" Ashton asked, coming over to look. I folded it quickly and put it in my pants pocket.

"None of your business!" I laughed. I needed to ask him for help though. I hadn't really talked to Michael and Calum as much as I had with Ashton and Luke.

"I'll tell you who I got?" He grinned. I guessed he hadn't gotten me then.

"Fine. When everyone leaves though." He sighed and rolled his eyes, wrapping his arm around me and kissed my forehead.

"Guys, it's getting late. Go," Ashton said.

"It's only five, mate," Calum said, falling into one of the couches.

"Yeah, why the rush?" Michael said.

"Juliette and I want to grab something to eat and I don't feel comfortable with you guys hanging around my house without me in it." Ashton laughed.

"Alright, we'll grab dinner with you then," Michael said. Ashton sighed in exasperation.

"You guys can eat on your own. Juliette and I want some private time." Ashton laughed at how wrong it sounded after he said it.

"Fine, be a dick," Calum joked. "We'll be at Jeep's if you need us." The three of them made their way up the stairs and said their goodbyes.

"You didn't have to be so harsh on them. They could've stayed longer," I said once I heard the front door open and close.

"I want to know who you have!" Ashton smiled and fell on the beanbag, throwing a stuffed basketball in the air.

"You can't tell him!" I said, holding my pinkie out for pinkie-promise. He sighed and linked his finger with mine. "Michael and I have no idea what to get him."