Restarting (Chapter 8)

Bens P.O.V

Dear Journal,

(I've got to come up with a better name for this dumb thing)

I've been sick, so I have been staying home a lot.

It has given me a lot of thinking time, which honestly, is not a good thing for me. Its been a crazy past couple of days.

Belle hasn't talked to me once, and to be honest its tearing me apart. She was always there for me, and could always make me laugh.... anyway, I guess 'boys aren't supposed to feel emotion', so I will stop now.

I wish I could be there for her too.

I heard people have been really hard on her the past couple of days. Apparently, in the lunch room a few days ago everyone dumped their lunches on her. Then this kid named 'Jackson' stood up for her and he is starting to get on my nerves.

I see him with Belle every morning by her car before school starts, laughing and talking. I swear if I can't hold my anger back, he will be getting a punch to the face very soon. Anyways, it hasn't been all that bad since I lost Belle.

Me and Libby have started talking a lot more recently, and now that I'm starting to really get to know her, she's not the annoying chatty girl I thought she was. We have actually had some really nice moments together, other than the kiss.

I hate to say it, but I think I might be falling for her... I feel awful for Belle... Nevermind all of that though. I recently made the football team, which will up my social status, but I'm not a starter, and will end up being benched most of the season.

Hey, you win some and you loose some. I'm just excited to have actually made the team...

"Ben?"

A muffled sweet-sounding voice called from behind my heavy wooden door, interupting my thoughts.

"Belle?"

I whispered, in awe.

Although who ever was behind the door must have heard me, because my momentary joy was replaced with displeasure when the voice called out with a resounding,

"No."

I groaned at the thought of having to get up, but eventually pulled myself off of the comfy couch I had been sitting on, and opened the door to Libby, a mischievous glint in her eye.

"Oh, Libby, Hey," I said and internally smacked myself for sounding so cheerful.

"Hey Ben," She said, looking at me like she was trying to find something.

"Uh, so....," I said, trying to keep the conversation rolling.

This was just getting awkward. Just as I was about to say something more, Libby ran into my house, head in hands, and started sobbing. Full on sobbing. I have never seen anyone cry so hard, and I never did well with girls crying, so I tried to comfort her the best I could.

"Libby, what's wrong," I questioned, hearing the concern in my voice.

I motioned for her to sit down on the couch, and when she did I put my arm around her.

"M-my sister is s-sick," she said, looking up at me with tear filled eyes.

I started to chuckle, which quickly turned into a cough.

"Libby, I'm sick too," I winked, but she continued to cry.

"N-no.. she has... she has...," Libby couldn't seem to finish her sentence, disbelief was showing in her eyes, and she started crying even harder.

"Go on Libby, you can tell me anything," I tried to comfort her.

"C-cancer," she stuttered, "My sister has cancer."

After she got the full sentence out of her mouth, she started crying even harder, which frankly, I didn't know was possible with how hard she had already been crying.

"Oh my gosh, Libby, I'm so sorry," I said, shaming myself for laughing earlier.

"She has an appointment tomorrow, but I don't have a car, and my parents are already with her and I just don't know what to do," she sobbed.

"I'll drive you," I said confidently, and I didn't care how far the drive would be.

I was willing to take her anywhere to make her happy again.

"Really?" she questioned.

"Of course," I said, wiping her tears and pulling her in for a hug.

"Thanks Ben," she sadly smiled, and I leaned down to place a kiss on her forehead.

It was a risky step, I know, but if it made her happier, I was willing to do it.

"I better get going," she smiled and placed an unexpected kiss on my cheek.

And like that, she left, leaving me to ponder how even when you think you really know someone, you don't.

You could never really have any idea what is happening in someone else's personal life. I laid down to watch some more, and fell into a dreamless sleep, hoping tomorrow would be a better day.

It couldn't possibly get any worse.... Right?

~

MWAHHHHH poor Libby!!!! I know this chapter has taken me awhile to write, but its getting to the end of the school year and honestly its just been kind of hectic. What do you think will happen next? Comment below, if you get it right we will give yall a shout out =DThanks for keeping up with the story.

xoxoxo -2dayiFeelLikeWriting