Unexpected (Chap. 5)

Let me start out by saying thank you all! We have over 183 followers and that's awesome!! Thank you sooooo much!!!! Continue to read and make sure to vote, comment and share! In celebration of the sudden burst of followers we have decided to make a chapter dedicated to Ben and his feelings during the dreaded kiss he shared with Libby. Love you all and keep on being amazing!!! Thank you again!!

-2dayiFeelLikeWriting

Bens P.O.V

~

"Bye Belle," I said, staring into her eyes. They were blue like a sapphire, I realized, before leaning down to place a kiss on her cheek.
"Bye Ben," she whispered into my ear.

"See you tomorrow at school?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Unfortunately," She stated back, her expression bland.

"Okee-dokiee," I smiled and skipped away, making sure everyone in the café was watching because I knew it would embarrass Belle. As I was getting in my Toyota Tacoma I smiled to myself because that date went just as I had planned.

~

Once I was almost to my house I couldn't shake the feeling that I was supposed to have done something. I started to look around, hoping to find something to jog my memory, and in fact, there it was. Libby's homework sat on the passenger seat. "Ben can you drop this by Libby's house today after school? She is sick today and I know you live on the same street," Mrs. Clark had said. Of course I agreed, I would have been passing her house no matter what, so there wasn't any point in arguing.

Once I got to the house, I pulled into Libby's massive driveway and hopped out of the car. It was a nice enough house with a wrap around porch and a pale yellow paint that was starting to chip. Oh, and someone had an obsession with Christmas lights. It was almost May, and the girl still has Christmas lights blinking all over her house. I mentally groaned at going to see Libby. Sure, she was pretty, and sure, she was Belle's best friend but sometimes her constant comments about how I should style my hair differently, or how the shirt I'm wearing doesn't match my pants. I could care less, and I just didn't want the fashion police to ruin the amazing night I had just had.

Ding-dong, I rang the door bell and was amazed at how fast the door flew open and an overexcited Libby appeared. "There you a- your not Belle!," She said wide eyed.

"Nope...." I replied.

We stood there for a good five minutes before either of us had the nerve to break the awkward silence.

"What are you looking at," She said, but the look on her face said that she instantly regretted it.
I just looked straight into her eyes, questioning her sanity. Why would the girl with the most fashion in our school wear this at home?

"Nice outfit," I stated half a second later, for she had appeared at the door in nothing but underwear "shorts" and a sports bra.
Libby looked like she wanted to smack herself in the face right then and there, but instead she pulled herself together, looked me in the eye, slightly blushing, and said
"I'm going to go change, but you can come in and sit if you'd like," She said, clearly she wanted to escape this situation as soon as she possibly could.

Libby ran upstairs and I lumbered in, going straight to her living room. There was an open laptop on the couch, which just happened to be open to my Instagram photos from 30 weeks ago...

Weird, I thought. THUMP THUMP THUMP! Libby was coming downstairs! I didn't want her to know that I noticed her laptop screen, so I quickly picked up her homework and turned on the T.V. However, as soon as she was halfway down the stairs, I turned off the T.V and went toward the edge of the stairs to hand her the homework.

"Mrs. Clark wanted me to give you your homework from yesterday because you weren't there and don't ask why she gave it to me because I don't know either," I said, actually pondering the thought now.

"OK, thanks and thanks for coming," she replied as I held open the door and gestured for her to walk out with me. Although, as Libby walked out she tripped on a rock, sending her face first to the ground. I did what instinct told me to, and reached to catch her before she hit the ground. I could her just in time, causing me to be only inches from her face. I don't know what happened. It was like some spell had taken over me, and I couldn't look at Libby without realizing how beautiful she was. The space between our lips was so little, and I had to close it. I leaned down and kissed her, and she passionately kissed me back. I know I shouldn't have, but it felt so right. Then disaster struck...

"Belle, I can explain!" I said, before she could say anything.

"How could you Ben! I trusted you! I loved you!" she yelled, "I would've been angry if you had just cheated on me, but with my best friend? Are you kidding?!"

"Belle we are really sorry!" Libby cried, her voice full of regret.

"Libby, I'll deal with you later!" Belle screamed at her with a harsh tone of voice.

"Belle. I'm so sorry...," I said with sympathy.

"Sure. Whatever," she managed before bursting into tears.

I tried to hold her, to comfort her. Belle just pulled away in disgust.

"Leave me alone!," She shouted, "just leave me alone..."

I would never forget this moment. How sad she looked, how Libby's eyes were filled with regret, and how mad she was. I had just made the biggest mistake, and there was no going back.

~

Hey Guys! Figured you'd want something from Ben's P.O.V, right? Tell us what you think and if you'd like us to continue using Ben's P.O.V sometimes. Love you all! XOXOXO -@2dayiFeelLikeWriting