Ch. 16: New Rules

<~Austin's POV:

"You okay?" I ask Ally when she emerges from the bathroom, giving me a hug, "Your acting strange."

"Yeah I'm fine, just tired." She said. I knew it wasn't the truth I can tell when she's lying.

She tries to walk past me but I grab her arm, pulling her back, "C'mon Ally, I know your lying." I said staring directly into her eyes.

She looked away, a sign she's for sure keeping something from me.

"Ally?"

"Fine! I- I saw Cody again!" She shouted. She spun around running into her bedroom and locking the door. Was I too hard on her.

I stepped towards the door and knocked softly, "Ally? Please unlock the door." I say softly.

"No!" She shouts.

"Please." I beg. I needed to be with her, I can help.

The door knob turns and she appears, just poking her head out the door.

"Please Austin, go away. I don't want to talk to you." She said before closing the door in my face before I could get a word in.

I sighed, "Fine, but later you need to come out so I can give you a big hug." I said walking away now.

I wish she would understand that I want to help her feel better. I'm kinda worried. Cody he needs to leave my girl alone, and I'm the only one able to teach him that.

~~~~~~~

<~Ally's POV:

I laid on my bed, starring at the ceiling. I twisted my hair around my fingers. I feel awful not telling him but I don't want him to leave me again. I guess eventually he's going to find out. I mean it's impossible to hide a pregnancy from someone who lives in your house. But I need to try and keep it a secret for as long as I can. I wish I could tell him. It would be so much easier. If only I knew for sure what he would do. My best guess is that what happened a year ago will happen again, as soon as he finds out he'll probably leave me.

I laid there thinking for awhile. When Austin knocked on my door again. This time I let him in.

He walked in holding Annie. She was asleep. Austin wrapped his free arm around me.

"You okay, babe?" He asks.

I nod and lean my head on his shoulder. He walks me over to the bed and we sit down beside each other.

"Cody didn't do anything to you, did he?" Austin asked.

I shake my head, "No." I mumble

"Well either way I'm gonna kick his ass. He needs to learn to stay away from you." Austin grumbled.

I slapped him and covered Annie's tiny ears with my hands.

"Austin! Don't say that in front of her!" I scold.

"She's not even three months old." He argued.

"Still, babies begin learning words before they are even born. I don't want that to be her first word." I say. I just made a new rule, no cursing around Annie.

Austin smiles, "Fine I'm gonna kick his butt." He rephrases.

"Thank you." I smirk.

He just rolls his eyes and hugs me tighter. I cuddle up against him, closing my eyes. I wanted to enjoy his company for now because there's no telling what could happen next.

"Ya know what I want to talk to Cody right now." Austin said standing up.

I pulled him back down beside me, "No please...I want you to stay with me." I whined. I like having his company.

"You can come with." Austin offered.

I thought for a moment, "Fine, but no fighting. Your just gonna tell him to leave me alone and then we're leaving." I said.

He looked at me like I was crazy, "Why don't you stay here with Annie." He re-decided.

I sighed, "No because without me you will come back all banged up." I said.

"You can trust me. He's the only one going home with bruises." Austin says with a smirk.

"No, Austin." I say.

"Ally, this needs to be done. He can't keep hurting you anymore. He needs to leave you alone." Austin said protectively. Without another word he walked away. Then I heard the door open and slam back shut. He just left. Why though. I want him here, safe.

~~~~~~~~~

<~Austin's POV:

I texted Cody to meet me at the public park. I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind, a lesson that he needed badly.

I saw Cody waiting for me under the big tree.

"Hey Austin, here to give me my girl back?" He chuckled.

I frowned at him. What a rude, stupid way to greet someone.

"No I'm here to tell you to stay away from her." I shouted, clenching my fist.

He glared at me, "What makes you think I'm gonna listen to you." Cody snapped back.

"Because if you don't I'll pound you into the ground." I threaten.

"Oooooh I'm so scared." Cody laughed.

I frowned and punched him in the face. His laughed faded and he fell to the ground, holding his jaw with his hand.

"Stay away from Ally." I hissed, turning around and leaving.

I drove back home proud of myself. I kept my word and left Cody with all the injuries.

I walked in through the door. Ally screamed and threw herself into my arms.

"I'm so glad your alright! Why did you do that!" She squealed.

I held her close, "It's all for you babe, because I love you." I say giving her a kiss.

She smirks, "Still I told you not to do that."

I shrug, "I had to. It all worked out okay, I'm alright."

She rolls her eyes, "Fine, fine thanks and I love you." She says.

There's loud banging on the door behind us. Ally buries her face in my shirt from the sudden noise.

"OPEN THR DOOR NOW! If you think you can hurt me and just leave like that well your dead wrong! C'mon Austin! Be a man, open the door and fight!" I heard Cody shout through the door.

I could feel Ally shaking in my arms.

"P-p-please don't open the door." She stuttered.

I sighed. Unsure what to do, "Ally..." I paused, "We can't run from him forever." I explained.

She starred at me, horrified.

"OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!" Cody shouted again.

I put Ally down on her own two feet, "It'll be okay." I assure her. I brush a strand of her hair behind her ear.

She nods shakily and runs into the other room.

I step towards the door and face Cody. He stares at me angrily.

"What do you want now, Cody?" I grumble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Sorry for taking a while to update and for the short chapter and finally for the cliffhanger. But good news if I can get at least two comments I will update tomorrow! So comment! I love reading them.

See ya next time!

~Emma(: