two

"I'm home." Carl shouted into the house after slamming the door behind him.

"Nice! Your dad went out to get stuff for dinner. How was school?" Michonne asked warmly from the couch where Judy was asleep on her lap and Law and Order played on the TV. "Any assholes?"

"Good, I guess. No assholes today. I'm going over to someones later to work on a project." He informed her and went to grab a Cherry Coke from the fridge.

"Who is this someone? And you put that soda back right now, I gave you one for lunch. One a day only." She yelled playfully.

He sighed dramatically and put the soda back. "Her name's Enid, I just have to work on a project with her and another dude. He's coming to get me pretty soon."

"Very exciting. Are you gonna stay at her house for dinner?" She suddenly lowered her voice and got a bit more serious. "Is your chest going to be okay?"

"My che- oh," Carl what she meant after a moment. He just shrugged. "I'll be fine for another few hours. I'll let you know about dinner." A car honked outside. "I think that's my ride, I'll see you in a bit."

"Behave, please!" She called as he hurried out.

He walked out to the car. It was small and dirty and there was duct tape holding the windows shut, and keeping one of the back seats together, too. "Hey, nerd! Get in shotgun, the backdoors don't work right." Rons voice yelled from inside.

Carl sighed and opened the door, seeing the inside was just as trashed as the outside. Ron quickly picked up what looked like Taco Bell trash from the passenger seat and threw it in the backseat. He gave Ron what he hoped was a normal smile and got in. "How do you know where I live?"

"Short version is, I have my ways. Slightly longer version is I hacked a school computer. I'm pretty sure your dad arrested me once." Ron explained with a half grin.

Not surprising. "Oh. Cool, I guess."

Ron turned on the radio and headbanged along to the music as he drove, making Carl worry that he was going to wreck the already broken car, but he said nothing. He was already a loser, no point proving it in front of someone cool.

Finally the car stopped in front of a very big, very nice house. "Damn, Greene has a nice place."

"I'm pretty sure its Greene-Rhee." Carl said quietly while they got out.

"See, I know that, but I can't call someone by a hyphenated last name. Sounds dumb." Ron said, making sure the duct tape on the windows was secure.

"You could just say her first name?"

"Where's the fun in that?" Ron laughed and knocked on the front door.

"I'm coming! Hold on one second!" Enid yelled from inside the house, "Gimme like, one minute!"

Ron sighed and leaned against the doorframe. "She made our asses come over and she won't even let us in." He muttered and rolled his eyes. Carl just waited patiently and said nothing.

The door opened and Enid stood there, holding a one year old. "Sorry, he crapped himself. Come in!"

The two boys followed her inside, taking in the well furnished living room. "My parents are out, so I have to babysit and do homework and I just had cheer practice so I'm a little all over the place. You guys want soda?"

She talked really fast and all her words ran together, so it took Carl a second before he realized her offer. "Uh, what kind of soda?" He asked anxiously.

"Sprite, Pepsi, Fanta, Coke, and Cherry Coke." Enid listed and opened the fridge. "You want a Cherry Coke? I saw you with one at lunch."

"Yeah, thanks." Carl said, surprised she noticed. She handed him one then looked at Ron, who shook his head.