[27]

ALEC APPEARED IN front of her as she advanced on his sister. His hands shot out in front of him, and black smoke began flowing from his hands. Allison concentrated on his fingers, willing the smoke to disappear back into him. And shockingly enough, it did. He looked up to her as she ran, bewildered by her smirking face; it took him a moment to realize that she had somehow enabled his gift. He squared his shoulders, holding his hands in front of him as she approached.

The Protector growled lowly, holding her arm out and swiping it sideways across her body. Alec followed her movements, and bent his upper half under her control. She placed her foot on his back, using it to push off of as she raised her daggers behind her head and tackled Jane. The two women snarled, and Allison reared back and slashed her dagger into Jane's face. She cried out shrilly as her face cracked, and the Protector smiled. Allison raised her arm to deliver another slice to the vampire beneath her, when she felt herself being lifted and thrown.

Her back slammed into the marble wall, causing her to cry out in pain as she felt something snap. She thought her back was broken as she fell to the floor; that was the only way to explain her sudden inability. She heard someone roar, followed by the sound of someone else crashing into the marble walls. She tried to look, but found that she couldn't move her neck either. She gasped for air, her body still as she lay on the tile. "What should we do with you now?" Aro spoke, ignoring Allison as if she were a pesky fly.

She rolled her eyes back, struggling to look toward the man as he talked. She saw the edge of his robe, but that was all. Allison let out of muffled scream of protest. Though, her eyes lit up as she remembered that she could heal; it had only happened twice, but she was praying that she could somehow start the process again. And, her hopes were granted when she felt a bone in her spine pop back into place. She screamed, but went unnoticed once more; the pain was awful. It was a slow process, she realized as two more bones mended themselves.

This time, she muffled her scream. "You already know what you are going to do, Aro." The brunette vampire, Marcus, spoke gravely from his seat. Allison realized that she was near him, as she heard him speak. Her bones snapped back into place once more, the process becoming quicker as she grew more frantic. Allison looked toward her hand, and found that she could move her fingers now, along with her toes. More bones snapped, and she could move her neck.

"She knows too much," Caius, the blonde, spoke. "She is a liability."

The last of her bones mended themselves, and Allison could move her arms and legs. She slowly pushed herself up, her limbs slightly shaking until they became used to her weight again. "That's true," Aro conceded. "Felix."

Allison rose to her feet, rolling her neck around and she recollected her daggers. She looked toward Felix, seeing him walking toward Bella. Briefly, she caught Alice's eye, and seeing her shock, she sent her a wink. Her feet moved quickly, taking her to Felix. Just as she reached him, another guard slid in front of her.

Allison snarled, slashing her dagger at his neck. She met her mark as his neck showed various cracks in it. She smirked, using his momentary disability to her advantage and pushing his upper half down. She slid over his back, using her momentum to wrap her legs around Felix's waist and swing him. She let go mid swing, watching him hit the back wall of the room, and stand back up.

Jasper couldn't look away from Allison as she fought off his own kind. She was in her element, he realized as he watched her. He had never seen her like this; so violent, and alive. Her eyes were alight with the adrenaline of battle, and she always had a faint smile on her lips. She never backed down, he noticed, and he was so proud. Jasper had never known what it was like to be so inexplicably proud of someone before. Allison had done this on her own—taught herself how to be a warrior, a soldier—and that made her all the more breathtaking.