[08]

"WOULD YOU LIKE to go somewhere with me?" Jasper's voice was the first thing she heard when she awoke, causing her to lift her head sleepily from it's place on his chest and look up at him, blinking her dark eyes slowly.

Allison sighed quietly, lazily drawing patterns on his shoulder, "Depends. Where would we be going?" Her voice was rough and groggy from sleep.

The vampire smiled to himself, running a cold hand through Allison's messy curls. "Somewhere you can see me in the sunlight."

The brunette perked up, shifting herself so that both of her legs were around Jasper's waist, straddling him. "And we can't do that here? I mean, look at the little beams of sunlight coming through the window."

Jasper laughed, lifting the girl off him with ease and setting her down beside him. The blonde rose to his feet, standing beside Allison's bed. He raised an eyebrow at her, arms crossed across his chest as they stared each other down.

Allison shook her head, throwing her right arm over her eyes and groaning, "Fine, you win. At least let me have a few human minutes first."

"As you wish," The vampire smiled in victory, watching as the girl stumbled out of bed, her hair a wild mess and her t-shirt crooked. Jasper smiled at her grogginess, thinking that he would love to see her wake up beside him every morning for the rest of her life.

Allison entered the bathroom, wide eyes looking at the birds nest she called hair. "Oh, God." The girl gave props to Jasper for seeing her like this and still sticking around.

She turned on the shower, ripping a brush through her curls as she did so. It didn't take Allison long to shower and she was out in ten minutes. The girl wrapped a towel around herself and walked into her bedroom. Allison saw Jasper lounging on her bed, dressed in new clothes.

"You left," The brunette accused, wet hair falling into her face as she dug through her closet, searching for something to wear, "And where exactly are we going? Because I kind of need an idea on what to wear."

Jasper's melodic chuckle graced her ears, "I had to change, and we're going on a hike. So, I imagine jeans and a t-shirt would be fine."

Allison rolled her eyes, dismissing his typical guy advice. The girl selected a pair of her usual dark skinny jeans and a red and black flannel. "You gonna stay in here while I change or are you leaving?"

"Well, personally I'd like to stay and watch, but I feel like that's not really an option."

The brunette simply rolled her eyes, walking into her closet again to change. She exited the closet fully clothed and gave her boyfriend a flat look.

***

"When you said hike, I thought that maybe you were kidding."

"You thought wrong, sweetheart," Jasper smiled at the aggravated girl, laughing when she growled under her breath.

"Don't be a smart ass," Allison grumbled as she jumped from one boulder to the next with the grace of a dancer, "That doesn't help the situation."

The duo had been walking for what felt like years, but in reality was only hours. Needless to say, Allison was very agitated with her boyfriend. The girl didn't mind hiking, she usually enjoyed it quite a bit. This was different. This was being woken up at seven in the morning and being forced to hike through wet grass and mud. Jasper's apparent amusement with her annoyance certainly wasn't helping the girl enjoy their little trip either.

"Can you see that light up ahead?" Jasper's excitement broke the girls resolve. She knew how excited he was and she felt reasonably bad for ruining this for him.