[20]

"OKAY, ARE YOU ready?" Allison smiled excitedly at the girl in front of her, rubbing her hands together eagerly.

"I'm confused, but ready." Bella's voice rang out, her eyebrows furrowed as her dark brown eyes stared curiously at Allison.

"The air conditioner isn't on, right?"

"Right." Bella tilted her head to the side, mirroring a confused puppy.

"And your fan is off? The windows are closed?" Allison lifted her hand to her mouth, covering her large grin.

"Yes and yes."

"Okay, without further ado," Allison reached forward, leaning slightly from her place on the middle of Bella's bed, and grabbed one of the girl's pillows. She hummed lightly under her breath as she ripped the pillow in half, causing feathers to flutter down to the bed. Allison heard Bella's protest, but payed her no mind as the feathers settled. "You ready?"

"I've been ready." Bella's voice was coated with annoyance.

Allison rolled her eyes and placed her hand, palm open, above the pile of feathers. The Protector closed her eyes, concentrating on lifting the feathers. She smiled slightly as she felt the now familiar hum of power run through her fingertips. Allison opened her eyes when she heard Bella gasp, and she saw the feathers levitating at her command. The girl grinned at the look of amazement on her best friend's face, laughing as Bella sat up and tried to grab a feather. Allison shook her head, using her hand movements to move the feathers out of Bella's reach.

"Since when can you do that?"

Allison released the feathers, watching them flutter down onto the floor gently. Bella giggled as one landed on her nose. "For a while now, I've been practicing."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Bella tried to sound stern, but there was too much excitement still lingering in her voice.

"I was waiting until I could really control it, so that I would be about to show you."

"I think it was worth the wait." Bella laughed, placing a hand over her mouth. Allison smiled at her back at her happily.

***

She grunted as she used her arm to shield her face from the fist. A momentary sting was left as Allison shook her arm, pushing away the pain. The girl grunted again as she bent her upper-body quickly, keeping her fists in a defensive position in front of her as her opponent swung again.

Allison rose to her full height, strands of hair falling from her short ponytail as she did so. She watched Paul's feet, her keen eyes focusing on any movement that would betray his next movements. She squinted as she saw his left foot shuffle slightly, placing it in front of the right foot for balance, before she heard the fist flying through the air.

The Protector ducked once more, releasing another grunt of displeasure. Allison rose quickly, directing her eyes to Paul's feet once more. The girl felt a smirk tug her lips upward as she saw Paul shuffle his left foot. She reacted quickly, grabbing her opponents fist and twisting it. The man growled lowly as Allison used his momentary distraction to push her foot into the backs of his kneecaps, successfully sending him to his knees.

Allison smiled slightly, before Paul used his disability to his advantage and pulled the girl over his head, hearing her body smack onto the training mat.

The Protector groaned, arching her back off of the ground and placing her hand soothingly under her spine.

"Uncalled for." Allison spat as she rolled onto her stomach. The girl groaned again as her muscles protested at the movement.