Blackout

Chreo:Vulpey-Sever

I felt the familiar feeling of waking up but this time instead of being sluggish and tired I was energized

I felt the familiar feeling of waking up but this time instead of being sluggish and tired I was energized. Chreo. I thought to myself, remembering what I'd seen last night. With that came the memory of the text Sota had sent me. I looked around me and noticed that I was back down in the guest room where I'd been before. Was it all a dream?

No this couldn't be. It felt to real. Before I could finish processing all that happened last night I was met with Chreo, dressed in an apron carrying freshly made pancakes with a class of pink lemonade. "You should eat fast, I still have to drop you off at school." He spoke with the same smile on his face he'd always greeted me with. Then he left.

The drive to my school was quiet. Chreo still gave off a welcoming vibe, but it was different. He must know what happened last night, why hasn't he said anything about it? "What was that last night?" I said quietly, almost a whisper but not quite. I could see his hands tighten on the steering wheel and his body stiffen. "You saw." I couldn't tell if he was asking me or if it was a statement. "You caused the blackouts." I spoke ignoring his question. Our conversation was cut short as we reached my school. "I'll explain after you finish your classes today, I'll pick you up." He said smiling, but I could see the worry im his eyes.

I walked into school and went to my first class. I was met with a tight hug and a barrage of questions from piro.
"Where were you, who was that guy you were dropped off by, why was Sota asking about you?" I kept my composure and answered just as quick. "I was at the guys house, his names Chreo, and I think sota likes me, but im not sure how I feel about him."

At the mention of Chreo he seemed to get worried, it was the same look Chreo gave me. "YOU MET MY BROTHER!" "Wait what, you and Chreo are brothers." I was surprised. I was never surprised. Ugh why is this my life. Ghosts, love, weird glowing people, and now secret family members. "Why haven't u mentioned this Chreo before?" I asked, Luckily we'd gotten to class early. "Forget that, why were you with him?" I explained how Chreo found me. "My brother is pretty much like a mom, he likes taking care of people." "So why haven't you mentioned him?" Now it was my turn to interrogate. "I haven't seen him in a while." He took a deep breath in. "When I was young my mom sent him away to live with my aunt in the U.S." "She never told me why, but it just happened, but then I met you and I guess I forgot to mention him." I could see a small tear form in his usually bright eyes.

"I miss him."

"I'm going to see him after school if you'd like to come along." This brought his eyes back to their usual brightness. "FAMILY REUNION!" His shout was drowned out by the bell signaling class was starting.

This was going to be a long day.

The same silver car I'd woken up In yesterday appeared in the school parking lot. Piro made sure to walk behind me to surprise his long lost relative. I made my way to the car, opened the front door, and before Chreo could look up I let the ecstatic piro jump into the the front seat. "Brother." That one word Chreo spoke sent both of them into a frenzy of laughs, tears, and a bit of catching up.

It was like a miniature family reunion. I was jealous. But I was also happy for my friend. This drive to Chreo's house was the exact opposite of the one this morning, and to top it all off I was met with a group hug from both of the boys. "Thankyou." Chreo spoke again, it was sweet and sincere. As we entered Piro ran and explored the house I'd quickly grown accustomed to.

"So, what'd you want to talk about?"
Chreo froze and his warm smile dropped from his face. "Im not a human." The words came out flat and slow. I couldn't find any words. "But im not a god." "And im not the only one." "The only one of what?" I asked. "There isnt a name for it, but a long time ago there was a war. During that war the gods fought against the ghosts and banished them to the underworld, where we send all bad people." "During this war a select few gods fell in love with few humans." "Im the product of those select few."

"Does Piro have the same powers as you?" "I dont know Ren, I unlocked my powers when my mom sent me away to the U.S, when a blackout happened." "I was afraid of the dark, and all I wanted was a few seconds of light, then it happened, a spark." "So they behave like my familiar, they come out when you need them, and go back inside when you don't."

"Not exactly, that was the only time I actually controlled the power, now it just happens randomly just like last night." "Im 20 now so its been happening for 9 years." I wondered what Piro's power would be. But This only brought up one more question.

"Is it dangerous?"