02

*Next day at school*

Cat's POV

"Guess what?!" Tracy screeched in her ear, as usual.

"What?" Cat asked her, in monotone.

"Megan told me that Ashley had heard Chelsea telling Samantha-"

"Tracy," Cat cut her off. "What exactly did Megan tell you?"

"That's what I'm telling you, Cat. Listen! Megan told me that Ashley had heard Chelsea telling Samantha that she had heard Lily telling Lila....."

'Here we go." Cat thought.

"...told Jenny that there will be a new kid at school. I'm so excited! I mean what kind of a guy do you think he will be? I'm thinking a really a hot guy. But not as hot as Blake obviously. I mean no one, NO ONE will beat him!"

" Well, I have to go now. Sorry. I'll talk to you later, okay?"Cat said softly, taking her English book out.

"Okay. Bye!" With that, Tracy went to catch up with the cheerleaders.

Cat quietly walked to her English class and sat down on her usual place at the back. She kept her books on the table next to hers as nobody sat there. She put her head down, trying to blend herself into the surrounding, as she waited for the bell.

As soon as the bell rang, all the students came rushing in, making a lot of noise and sat down at random places beside their friends.

Mr. Brown came into the class with the new student and he said,

"Good morning, class. This is Eric Stanley. He is a new student. Please welcome him and help him out. Now Eric , please take a seat. Everyone, open your books."

Eric walked to the back and stood next to the table next to Cat's.

"Hey, can I sit here?" He asked.

Cat looked up at him for the first time and noticed his attractive features. She just shrugged and took her books from the other table.

Mr. Brown began reading out some poems and interpretations. But Cat couldn't concentrate on anything because Eric kept on drumming his pencil on his desk. Cat was trying her best to be patient. Finally, she looked at him, more like glared at him and whisper-yelled, "Would you stop that?"

Eric simply smirked at her and continued drumming. Cat groaned, softly and snatched the pencil from him.

"I am only giving this back if you won't drum on your table again. Got it?"

"Only if you would tell me your name..." He grinned.

"Why should I tell you my name?! I'm not telling you my name!" Cat said, controlling her voice because Mr. Brown was still teaching

"Okay. I'll know it tonight anyway" Eric said, just as the bell rang.

"What? What do you mean by tonight?" Eric quickly left the class, leaving a very confused Cat behind.

She just shook it off and quickly went to her locker, got her bag and walked to the library to have her lunch at her usual spot.

After suffering boring classes of Art, History and Geography, Cat walked home, keeping her head down as usual and thinking about the world and the universe and so on. 

She opened her front door to see a very busy mom, cleaning the place. Cat cleared her throat, grabbing her mother's attention.

"Mom, what are you doing?"

"Hello darling. Came home already? Oh, my god, it's 2 o'clock. And I still need to cook, arrange the dining table, ugh." Mom said, looking very worried.

"What's going on, mum?"

"Cat, we're having our new neighbours for dinner tonight."

"New neighbours?"

"Yes, you didn't notice? A family moved into the house next door and we're inviting the Stanleys over."

'Oh. My. God. This was what Eric meant. Worst day ever!' Cat thought 

ALEX STANLEY .... Isn't he hot? So i hope the chapter was great and not too short but i will try my best to update more often :) Thanks for your support.