11

Eric

The next day, Eric rode his skateboard to school. He was hoping that Cat has been discharged from the hospital already and was really looking forward to see Cat in school today. 

Eric could not get his mind off of Cat. He could not even think of what he would do without Cat. He knew that he had been close to Cat for only a few days but that didn't stop Cat from taking her place in his heart. 

He came up to Cat's locker but she was not there. She could've gone to her class or she was still in the hospital. He walked off to find her friend who Cat usually hung out with. 

He walked around the crowd and spotted her, sitting among the popular crowd. But he saw that the girl was being left out. Nobody seemed to talk with her. She tried to talk to them but everybody just ignored her. Erik saw her smile turn into a sad frown. He knew that feeling too well. The feeling you get when nobody cares.

He walked up to her and tapped her shoulder. 

"Hi, um are you a friend of Catherine?" Eric asked her, smiling.

"Uh, yes." She answered, while tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Do you know where she is?" He asked. She shook her head, saying a no.

"Oh, okay. Thanks. I'm Eric, by the way." He held out his hand.

"Tracy." She said, while fluttering her eyes up at him.

Eric seemed to have fallen under her charms instantly as he couldn't stop staring at her. 

***

Another glaring contest was held between Blake and Eric. And again, Cat was fiddling with her fingers while nervously looking at the two of them. 

"So, um.." Cat tried to make a conversation. But nobody seemed to hear it. She wondered what was it that caused the two of them to fight. She tried to come up with reasons but failed.

"So guys, uh- what did you do today in school?" She raised her voice a little bit. Both heads snapped towards her.

Blake leaned back in his chair and replied a bored 'nothing'. Eric, however, did the unthinkable. He began to blush. Never in the world would have Cat expected to see Eric blush. He always had that tough aura around him. 

Cat narrowed her eyes at Eric before giving a teasing smile.

"Anything happened at school, Eric?" 

"Uh- What? Me? No? Pshh," He blabbered, uncertainly. Cat raised an eyebrow at him.

He sighed.

"Okay, I'll tell you but promise me that you won't get mad." He said, nervously.

"Okay." She drawled on the 'o'.

"I asked Tracy out." Eric blurted out. He said it so fast that it took a while for Cat to actually understand what he said.

"What?" Was all she could reply. To say that she was shocked would be an understatement.

"Please, Cat. Don't be mad." Eric's eyes had grown really wide.

"Why- why should I be mad?" She finally asked, after recovering from her shock.

"'Cause, um, she's your best friend?" 

"No. I'm not mad. It's just that I'm a bit surprised. I'm happy for you guys." She said, while smiling brightly at her.

Yet again, Eric turned into a bright shade of red.

"Dude, that is so unmanly to blush. A shame to mankind." Blake, who had been quiet the whole time, spoke up while shaking his head in disappointment.

"There is absolutely nothing like that! And I will do whatever the hell I want to." Eric glared at him.

"Right back at you." Blake smirked at him.

"Anyway," Cat began, "You guys had your first date yet?" She asked, excitedly.

"We are supposed to have it tonight." Eric blushed. Again.

"Sometimes I really think you're a girl." Blake muttered. 

Eric frowned and opened his mouth to say something but Cat interrupted him.

"Tonight? Its already dark! When is it by the way?" Cat asked, curiously, hoping that she wasn't too snoopy.

"It's at eight."Eric replied, while still glaring at Blake.

Cat checked the time on her phone. 

"Oh my God, Eric! It's already 7.50!" Cat exclaimed.

"WHAT?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I gotta go! I'm gonna be late. Bye, Cat. Hopefully, I'll see you tomorrow at school." Eric said, while he rushed out of the room.

It was all silent for a minute when Blake looked at Cat and said,

"Yup, He's definitely a girl."

Hi, guys! How are you?

Thank you so much for the criticism that you guys have been giving me. :D They are really helpful and I now know where I should improve on. A lot of you have commented on how I should be more descriptive. And I have been working on that and hopefully this chapter is more descriptive than the previous ones. :)