You and U

Whether it is a sermon or in a class, the teacher's main advice will always be to "be yourself." But what does that really mean? Why don't they explain why you need to "be yourself?" Are we just supposed to follow blindly behind them, hoping we don't fall down?

Yes, you need to follow them...just not blindly.

All of us run around, wearing this mask of, well, whatever you think will be the best characteristic. But those masks will eventually stick to your face.... Well, that's not a very good way to explain it, is it?

Alright, heres the deal. One day you're going to wake up to find that your husband or best freind or parents don't anything about the real you. And, one day, your going to put that mask up while you're spending time with Jesus. That's a big NONO.

Okay... I have said that. But what if the real us is stupid or spoiled or flipping scared out its mind hoping no one will call you out?

I am sorry, you are who you are. And by denying that, you're yelling up at God, shaking your fist at him, saying,"your perfect hands made a mistake!"

Also a big NONO.

Now, if you're a complete brat, and you're reading this, you aren't who you are. Things like disrespect can be controlled. A clever mind cannot. See the difference?

Your fake personalities become you, and any relationships you forge while in "mask mode" will be just that, fake. So don't put on a mask that  you'll regret! Or, even better, don't wear a mask at all.

Let your light shine.

Luv yal like a sac o taters,

Charlie Rose