"Are those dirty?" Iris pointed to the clothes Barry was holding. Barry nodded. "Well then put them in the laundry basket," Iris told him.

Barry had to throw them in the laundry basket to try and avoid any more questions, so he slowly walked over to the closet with the washer and dryer in it. Joe was laughing so hard tears were forming in his eyes. Iris crossed her arms as she watched Barry slowly walked over as if to say "keep going". Barry threw his clothes in the hamper and then used his speed to run upstairs to his room. He could hear Joe laughing downstairs.

Just as he thought he was home free he heard a knock on his door. Knowing it was Iris he had to answer. He opened the door, hoping that the lip gloss on his face had removed itself.

"What was that all about?" Iris asked.

"Nothing," Barry lied.

Iris spun on her heels and walked away. She knew Barry wouldn't talk so she gave up and went to dry her hair. Barry closed his door and collapsed onto his bed, he was home free, for now. Even though it was early in the night, Barry ended up falling asleep.

The Next Day

Barry had successfully avoided everyone in the morning. He used his speed to get ready and then ran to Jitters without getting breakfast. At Jitters Barry picked up a two coffees, one for him and one for Caitlin, and a chocolate muffin for himself. He sat down to eat his muffin while the coffee cooled down. Today he was going to go to work with a smile on his face, something he hadn't done in a while.

He ran to STAR Labs with the coffee in his hands. On his way there he remembered the rose on Caitlin's desk and how it was dying, so he stopped at Shoprite to get her a new one. After that was done, he ran to STAR Labs.

Caitlin was sitting in her chair. She was so consumed in her work that she didn't even hear Barry come in the room. Barry bent down and started to pull the dying rose out of the vase. Caitlin saw this out of the corner of her eye and was immediately pulled away from her work.

"Hey!" Caitlin yelled, making Cisco look over.

Barry put in the new rose and set the dying one next to the vase. Caitlin smiled and looked up at Barry. Barry smiled back at her.

"Coffee?" Barry asked Caitlin as he handed her a cup.

She nodded and took the cup. She stood up after taking a sip and gave him a hug and a kiss. Cisco's eyes went wide.

"You didn't bring me coffee?" Cisco asked, offended.

"Woah! I had no idea you were there dude. And, um, no I didn't," Barry admitted.

"You didn't know I was here because you were too busy smooching with your ex- girlfriend," Cisco emphasized.

"Girlfriend," Caitlin corrected.

"When did this happen...again," Cisco asked.

The two explained last night to Cisco. He was still a little offended by Barry not bringing him coffee, but he thought the story was too adorable, so he had to smile. Cisco accepted the fact that he wasn't going to get coffee, so he sat down. Barry pulled up one of the extra chairs next to Caitlin and the two sat together drinking coffee.

A few hours later Joe walked in.

"Oh thank god! There is finally another human being in the room!" Cisco was relieved that he finally wasn't third wheeling.

Joe laughed at him and then sat with them for a while trying to figure out who these mysterious gunmen were and how to stop them. They went over different places they could be and how to help Barry catch all these bullets without getting shot. Cisco suggested redesigning the suit but everyone decided that would take too long. The four of them spent almost the entire night debating on what to do. It wasn't until around midnight that they all started to get tired. Joe left first.

"When are you guys going home?" Cisco asked.

"Now," Caitlin got up to grab her stuff.

"Yeah, I'm gonna take her home," Barry told Cisco.

"You are?" Caitlin asked.

"Why not?" Barry replied.

Cisco left just before they headed out. Barry opened Caitlin's car door for her. He tried to offer to drive, but she refused to allow him to drive her special car. As she got in the car he walked around to the passenger door and got in. After making sure Barry was buckled in, Caitlin drove out of the parking lot.

The radio was blasted the entire ride home. They each were singing along to the music and laughing, you could barely tell they were tired. There was no one else on the road to be annoyed by the loud music coming from their car which helped them feel a little more self-confident in singing aloud.

Caitlin pulled into the driveway, ending one of the funnest car rides ever. Barry walked Caitlin up to her door even though she insisted that he didn't have to. The two stood awkwardly at the door, unsure of what to say next.

"Do you want to come in for a quick snack or something before you head home?" Caitlin offered.

Barry nodded and stepped inside. They each took off their shoes when they stepped into the house and then walked to the kitchen. Caitlin set her purse down on the counter.

"What do you want?" Caitlin asked.

"You," Barry whispered as he stepped closer and closer to here.

Barry locked his lips on hers. Things got heated and, well, you know what happened next ;)

----------

Dear readers,

Well damn Barry. 

I feel like such a terrible author. I told you guys I would update a few times today and I did once. It's just I kept questioning whether they should get back together or not because it felt like too short of a time for them to be broken up, but at the same time, it's a hard thing to write when they aren't together. It's a long chapter though so hopefully that makes up for it!

Comment and Vote!

Follow me on Instagram - flash.xoxo

Love, the author,

Elly :)