Epilogue: Here and Back Again.

Nadine’s POV:

+ LEP Briefing Office.

Another courtesy call! Looks like I’m the most requested LEP spy… The screen got static again, and then a man shows up. Dad.

“Dad?”                  

“I am will be the one to brief you on this mission, Nads.” Well, at least father uses my nickname.

“What is it?”

“You will go to the past again.” Again? Yes, again. What exactly happened in the past when I used my powers was supposed to be a secret but, Artemis Fowl II is my Dad. When he didn’t became suspicious he is not him anymore.

“What exactly is my mission?”

“To get a stone. A stone that controls a power of a hybrid. More likely, a danger to you and your brother. But the two of you can get it and bring it here if you successfully do a team work. Maybe Foaly and I will make the contents of it have the reverse effect and became more useful. Ciel will also accompany you.”

“What? Ciel? Why? He’s not even an LEP!” I exclaimed.

“No excuses. You may encounter danger and you will need him by your side. You can also get a help from the LEP and myself at that time.” I really have to follow, aren’t I?

“What’s exactly this stone is?”

“Potempositae Lapidem. That’s the scientific name of the stone. We don’t have it in the future here others already got it or destroyed. But it seems like it only appears every leap year.” Father informed me.

“Is this urgent?”

“Spy missions are urgent and you know that.”

“Okay. Then I’m outta here.” I said standing now.

“Wait, don’t forget to tell us when you’re already leaving and also contact us when you get there. You’re mother was so worried and pissed when you just took off with saying anything.”

“Yes, Dad. I will.” After that I came back to the surface. I said my goodbyes to them and taking Ciel with me and were back again at LEP Ops Booth.

“Uncle Foaly, soft copy and hard copy of the mission please.” Which Uncle Foaly obliged, we said our goodbyes again and back again in the past.

When we are now in the past, it was not that hard to move, Uncle Foaly already fixed it. Finally. Then we noticed that this was not the Fowl Manor. It was Tara. Base on the gathering, a wedding was happening nearby. We went there, only to find out its Mom and Dad’s wedding! They we’re about to say their vows. Ciel and I watch. No one notices us.

“With this hand.” Dad begin. “I will lift your sorrows.” Then he gets a cup. “You’re cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine.” Then he gets and lights a candle. “With this candle, I will light up the darkness.” Then he placed it next to the wine. Danger there. Then he gets a ring… “With this ring,” Then he placed it on Mom’s ring finger. “I ask you to be mine.”

Ohh, how sweet! It’s the same vows with Mom. Oh my God. I feel happy! Then they drink the wine and were pronounced husband and wife. Ciel and I clap our hands. They are walking in the aisle now when they noticed us. We greeted them but I guess tradition comes first. A bouquet of flowers was about to thrown and Mom was forced me to join. She throws it and I don’t know what happened but it was in my hands now.

A superstition about this was, the one who gets the bouquet will be next to walk down the aisle. Me? No WAY!

“Well, I guess, it’s time for you and your boyfriend to plan now!” I heard Ciel shouts at me, saying those things. With no second thoughts, I throw the bouquet directly to his face. Bull’s eye!

“Nice aim.” He only said.

I go back to them together with Mom.

“You come back!” Mom said and I give her a hug and Dad also which Ciel did the same.

“Why are you here?” Dad, even on a wedding day, still on the business.

“We’re here for a mission.” I said.

“Another Opal scheming again?” Mom said sternly.

“No. We’re just finding a lost thing here and get it back to the future.” Ciel said and we felt the two newlyweds felt at ease.

“But we need your help.” I said at the two of them looking them in the eye. And I know, they knew it was serious and important…