Prologue: The Mission

I had a courtesy call out on the office, better hurry. Haven City traffic will really kill you, good thing I'm excuse of that, or I'm just thinking of it. Well, I'm not really an officer or some police in rank your thinking, I'm actually a top officer of this organization made by the LEP(Lower Elements Police), other than reconnaissance unit lead now by the famous first female officer of it, Commander Holly Short, my mom, and retrieval unit and I don't care who led them. The LEP Spy Unitwas created 8 years now.

+After a couple of minutes, finally arrived at Police Plaza.

I opened the door like a celebrity.

"Hi guys!"

"Good Afternoon. Nice to see you here, late again." said by the people there in unison.

"And I'm excuse of it. Don't forget that I came from above ground, take a shuttle and hurriedly ride in here."

Yes. I came from above ground, together with my family. Oh, you can guess the name of my dad now? My mom's also there though she went here in LEP to check things but not now. Mom and Dad have a vacation and we didn't go with them. What? We? Of course its 'we', I have an older brother, 2 years older than me. What? What is my brother's name? Well, don't laugh. Promise me you don't laugh. Well, his name is the same with my father, we're continuing the tradition. You can guess now and the answer is, Artemis Fowl III, but his complete name is Artemis Ciel Fowl III, I call him Ciel.

Yeah, he's been bullied by it after all 'Artemis' was a name for a girl, you know, the goddess of hunting. Oh, I forgot to mention, we're hybrids, half-elf and half-human, though we have a feature as human, our eyes are giving the creeps out of them, one ice cold blue and the other is warm hazel. The whole school called us, Fowl Siblings. We beat the exams, we master what they teach us though we already did, before the professors taught us that. Hmm... What else? Oh we arrived at the office. 'The Office' as the people involved in it called.

Again, I opened the door like a celebrity.

"Hello!" I said to one of them. The Spy Unit is composed of seven people only, including me, the first female member of this org.. Well, like my mom, I also want to be the first of something. They seemed shocked, what do I expect, its a courtesy call after all. Then I seat on the single chair on the center front and I face them.

"How you doing?" I sit like a king and asked them with my vampire grin, I inherit these to my father, with matching raising my right eyebrow, and my eyes with cold blue and warm hazel.

"Ma’am!" They all said in unison. They call me Ma’am as respect, since I don't want them to call me miss or anything.

"It's been a while. We're fine. How 'bout you?" One of the boys asked.

"Fine, great actually."

"Could you please stop intimidating us, cause its really working."

"I'm so glad it always worked." I say half sarcastically.

"Why are you here? Do you have a task?"

"Yes, courtesy call actually. Maybe they need my assistance on some mission."

"Well then, you should hurry to the briefing room."

"So eager to get me out of here. Well, I'm just checking all of you. See you guys after the mission."

"Why don't you see us again before you leave for the mission." One of the boys suggested and the others agree.

"Guys, you know my motto 'If not important, I won't do it. If I have to do it, I do it quick.'"

"She's on mission mode. Just let her. Be careful then."

"Always will." I said to them, leaving with a smile and head towards the briefing room.

So where we're we? Oh, the things they don't know. We, Fowl Siblings, rarely gets angry, it’s not because we're too kind, we have to control it or else we will reveal our secret: that we're half-elves. When we get umm... Transformed as a term for it, we possess some powers. We were also trained, combat training, our mother as our master and sometimes I stand as my father's bodyguard. My mom is against of my decision as being in the LEP, but later on she accepted, my dad, she just let me do what I want, saying that experience is a great teacher in life, just don't forget to be careful but danger is my middle name so, sorry. My dad is great being the first world cross-species thief and the hero of the fairies. I'm so proud if him, no, I'm proud of my parents. We arrived at the briefing room, welcome.

The briefing room is a small room, soundproof so that eavesdroppers will be avoided, have a couple of seats and a big screen on front. The one who will give the mission will appear on it, we're not actually talking face to face. The screen then became static. 'Its starting, they know I'm here.' There's a camera above the screen so that they will see who will take the mission.

"I'm happy to see you oblige on the courtesy call that we made, although you're late." Centaur on the screen said. Its uncle Foaly.

"I'm always late and you know that, but why are you giving the mission, not Raine?" Raine is a woman who gives us the mission information while the leader of the org. is Kratos, good man actually, not friendly at the start though.

"I simply insisted and you will love this mission. It was like made for you."

"Just tell me the mission, uncle Foaly."

"Okay. Behold. You're mission is: going back to the past and face the enemy you will never expected. I'm sure you know about Opal Koboi and Jon Spiro right. So here it is. They made an alliance and same old, same old. But don't expect them to go on easy. These two are notoriously dangerous when they act alone. What more when they become allies, there is a huge possibility, no, they will get revenge your father. More or less they came from other dimension and want to do the same thing here. You will go to Fowl Manor in the past and stop these two at the same time guard everyone in there. Including the people of Haven."

"What time in the past I may end up then?"

"April 14th of 2013."

"Can I reveal them who am I?"

"After the mission, maybe, but the decision is still yours."

"Can you contact them to let them know that someone will come from the future without risking my identity?"

"I'm sorry. I can't."

I see.

"How long will I have to stay there?"

"When you defeat those two, you can come back."

"Can I do what I want to do then as long as this won't risk the mission?"

"Yes... Wait... Are you planning on..."

"Killing?" I asked with a vampire grin. "Just pray that they don't mess with me."

"I won't stop you." He said but his words are holding him back.

"That's all. I want a soft copy and a hard copy of this mission so I can review what plan I can formulate while I'm staying there."

"Okay."

After a few days. I came back to Haven, to Police Plaza and I went directly to uncle Foaly. I'm wearing my mission suit. I didn't say hi. They know I'm on a mission and no one dares to greet me too.

When I'm on uncle's office he helped me with the gadgets that will make me contact the future, I mean the present, for me so that he can guide me. I'm excited and sad, why?

"I'm ready."

"Enter the cubicle then." As I enter, he said "Hold tight. You know what to do when you get there. Be careful and we will miss you. I will tell you parents about this, and your brother. You see a ring on your pinky? You can contact us with there. You know how to the communicator right?"

"Yes. Thank you."

"You’re not going to die there."

"Of course not. That's not in my plan after all."

So here I am, going to past, where mom and dad may not be close or they're friends but still don’t feel romantic on each other. What to do? Here I am, Nadine Holly Diana Fowl, the first female member of L.S.U... where the most dangerous jobs resides, is going to her terrifying mission ever.