Chapter 14: Born vs. Made.

Nadine’s POV:

Right after Mom and Dad went through the door, I contact Ciel.

“Nadine! You okay?”

“Yes. I’ll be facing Opal now. I might get change to elf. If I didn’t contact you within an hour, you know what happened.” I said informing him.

“You’ll die?” Jules said with sarcasm or stupidity, whatever it is, I don’t know.

“No, you idiot! That was not included in my mission. I may end up using all of my strength… Just want to inform you that.” Then I drop the call.

 I hurriedly go upstairs to face Opal in the ninth floor. Ciel said that ninth floor was her quarters and the tenth will be her experimental heaven.

I saw her running around, maybe preparing to leave, after all, all the commotions happened around here maybe take her by surprise. Still, even though she was just new to the experiment and not used to her own made-up hybrid self, even genius controlling, it is not easy.

“Opal Koboi! You are under arrest!” I shouted at her but she’s just gone, she sped up trying to hit me in the back but I’m also a hybrid. My senses became sharp too than an ordinary elf would be.

I dodge it but it took me effort to match and pass her incoming speed on me. I attacked her by kicking her spinal cord, maybe which can give her some fatality. She was only thrown at some walls; loud crash of her things can be heard. Even Mom and Dad can hear it when they’re still in the building.

“Who are you?!” She said menacingly… “Or what are you?”

“I have no intention of telling you who am I or what am I. You’re not worthy of knowing it, criminal!” Increasing my guard, she didn’t take damage from what I did, hell she didn’t flinched actually. This will be a tough fight; I hope I don’t end up using it.

In a couple of seconds staring at each other, we both made the move, I punch her, she dodge and kick me in my stomach, I backed a little and giving her a round kick hitting her face, but she was fast recover and giving me a head butt and kicking me forward, and I end up hitting a wall too.

“You’re strength and speed matches up with me. It’s impossible unless you’re also like me, a hybrid.” She told me and from that I knew, I knew that she barely know things about hybrids, the basic of the basics. I bet she didn’t even know that ‘born’ are stronger than ‘made’ in power terms.

“I am not like you.” I said as I stand from rubbles done by my impact to the walls.

“What’s so bad about becoming a hybrid? You are powerful than the others, though not as powerful as me.” She said smirking at me. Maybe I can extract some information about what she did to herself.

“What kind of hybrid are you?” Inquiring her and making her show that I’m losing all hope here… Basics of being a spy.

“I’m a pixie-elf-human hybrid.” She told it to me proudly. I should fake my shock to make her feel she has advantage in this fight but no, it came naturally… A three-made hybrid! She successfully did it to herself. Impossible! Even in the future, no one knows that.

“What about the side effects?!”

“I’m a genius! I don’t perform an experiment especially on myself when there’s a side effect!” Then she speed up into me and attempting to punch my face but I conquer it but she give me another kick and made me flying to the walls again.

I also speed up and punch her with all my strength I can gather, she shielded also my attack but it came through, by that I attempted to do a combination attacks. Blood all over on her face, and a number of cuts on her body, however, she managed to heal them and making her appears undamaged.