Apocalypse

"S-Steve, " Bucky whimpered as his boyfriend pulled him close. "I'm scared. " he whispered into the blonde's ear.

"It'll be okay, " Steve whispered back to him, but he wasn't sure if he believed himself. He honestly didn't think it would be okay. The ground was shaking, rain was pouring down in absurd amounts as it has for days, there were hurricanes, tornadoes and eruptions like nothing anyone had ever seen before.

Steve honesty believed the world was ending.

Bucky tried to move further into Steve's arms- not that he could- and wrapped his arms around the other man's waist. "I just got you back. " he whispered, his eyes leaking wet tears.

Tears now threatening to spill out of his own eyes, Steve kissed Bucky's forehead softly and whispered, "To me, you were never really gone. "

Quietly sobbing, Bucky laid his head on the love of his life's shoulder. "Would you sing to me, Stevie?"

Nodding, the blonde moved his mouth closer to Bucky's ear and softly started singing.

The ground underneath them started trembling immensely.

"You are my sunshine, "

The walls of the house were vibrating, the pictures of the two men happily together falling and shattering on the floor.

"My only sunshine. "

The glass inside the windows fell down in a sheet, rain pouring in through the hole and wind ripping through the air.

"You make me happy when skies are grey. "

Lightening struck just outside the house, catching fire to the dry grass.

"You'll never know, dear, how much I love you."

The fire caught climbed the boards of the house, inviting itself in.

"Please don't take my sunshine away. "

The fire took hold of the house with it's smokey hands and let go for nothing.