Chapter 10: Venom of the Red Lotus

We went down to the mountain where everyone was locked up. "Find the air benders and my family." Tenzin said once we got off the air bison.

"Don't worry, I'm not coming out without our children and the rest of your people." Su said. We ran off and went to help the air benders first where they were locked up. Lin shot a boulder and it hit straight at a guard.

Su went to the next earth bender and attacked him as well. Asami managed to run up to him and electrocute him.

"Mom!" Opal shouted as Su ran up to her daughter hugging her.

"Oh, honey. I'm so glad you're safe." Bolin pushed Su away from her daughter rudely.

"Me too!" He grinned as he hugged her. We unlocked all the chains from the air benders.

"We have to get these two out of here now. They don't look so good." Lin said.

"You guys get everyone out of here, I'll search for Korra." Tonraq said.

"We're going with you," Mako said.

"You don't have to search for her. I know exactly where she's being held." Jinora said. They ran after Korra and the rest of us tried to get the air benders to safety. We walked out to see Tenzin along with Oogi still.

"Daddy!" Ikki gasped.

"Thank goodness you're all alright." Tenzin said as the whole family hugged. Tonraq came running out.

"We have to help Korra!" He shouted. I looked up to see Korra and Zaheer fighting. She seemed to be in the Avatar state. From what we could see, Zaheer had Korra trapped.

"I can fly up on my bison and help her." Kai said.

"You'd never be able to keep up with Zaheer. He's too powerful." Lin said.

"We have to do something!" Kai said loudly.

"How can he fly like that?" Bumi asked.

"He's unlocked powers of air bending that hasn't existed for thousands of years." Tenzin said. I elbowed Jinora.

"Hey, maybe you'll be able to do that one day. That way, we can play more games than just on the ground." I smiled.

"There haven't been this many air benders in one place for a long time either. We have power together." Jinora said. She then stood up to her feet. "Hurry! Everyone form a circle! Follow me!"

Everyone started doing exactly what Jinora was doing. They were making a tornado and it looked pretty awesome. The tornado was big enough that it reached Korra and Zaheer. Mako and Bolin soon came out.

"Good! You guys came in just in time!" I said.

I could see Zaheer trying to fly away with Korra on his shoulder but he was struggling. He then fell in with the Avatar. He tried flying out but I made sure that he wouldn't leave as I made a barrier about it. He dropped Korra and the chain that was still connected to her wrapped around Zaheer's foot, pulling him all the way down as she dropped him harshly.

The tornado faded away once they all stopped. Korra collapsed to the ground and I came running towards her. Apparently, Jinora thought the same.

I examined her injuries closely to make sure she didn't have anything broken. Her father, Mako, and Asami came running towards us. Tonraq placed her in his arms.

"Korra, sweetheart, it's me, Dad. Please hang on." He said as he stroked her cheek. Korra tried to reach out to him but fainted in the process.

I turned to hear Zaheer laughing. Why that little—

"What are you laughing about?" Lin asked.

"You're too late!" He shouted. "The poison's been in her system too long. The Red Lotus has won!"

"You can save her. The poison is metallic." Jinora said.

"But you need to hurry," I added. Su ran over to Korra quickly and rested her hand on her head. She concentrated hard as she tried to bend the poison out. We all waited. The poison all came out of her mouth as she started coughing out of the Avatar state.

She opened her eyes and looked at her dad.

"Dad, you're alive," she whispered.

"I'm here for you," he hugged her close. "I'm never going to let you go."

"No! No! You don't understand! The revolution has already begun! Chaos is a natural order!" Bolin stuffed Zaheer's face with a sock.

"You see what I did there? I put a sock in it. Literally!" Bolin said.

"Classic Bolin," Opal said.

"I do what I do." Bolin smiled.

We reached back home to Republic City. Two weeks passed and today was the day of Jinora's airbending mastery.

We waited for Korra and Asami to arrive with the rest of us. I saw her being strolled down in the wheelchair that Asami pulled her in. Zuko and River bowed before her and all she could do was nod her head. Her mother ran up and hugged her.

"You look beautiful, sweetie." Tonraq said as he kneeled in front of her. He kissed her forehead.

"You're looking stronger everyday, Korra." Tenzin said.

"I'd like to officially welcome you back to Republic City. I know that the last time we saw each other it didn't end on the best terms. But, I want to thank you for taking down those Red Lotus terrorists." Raiko said.

"We should go inside," Asami said, changing the subject.

"I can help!" Ikki said as her and Meelo ran up to her.

"I wanna ride with Korra. Jinora's already inside." Meelo said as he sat on Korra's lap.

Lin made an elevator for us to go to the top of the place. I stood by along side of Mako and Bolin to get a better view. All the air benders lined up with Jinora in the middle. She had a cape over her.

"Jinora, come forward." Tenzin said. She walked up and got on one knee. "Today we welcome the first air bending master in a generation. And I couldn't be more proud of my daughter.

"When the existence of our people was threatened, when the Avatar's life hung in the balance, Jinora never gave up hope. Thanks to her leadership, I see a bright future for the air nation.

"Of course, there would be no air nation without Avatar Korra. She opened the portals and somehow the world began anew for us. She was even willing to lay down her own life in order to protect ours. There's no way we can ever repay her for all she's done, but we can follow her example of service and sacrifice.

"So, while she recuperates, the air nation will reclaim its nomadic groups and roam the earth. But unlike our ancestors, we will serve people of all nations working wherever there is corruption and discord to restore balance and peace.

"Avatar Korra, I vowed that we will do everything in our power to follow you in your footsteps and bring harmony to the world." He bowed over towards her.

"Now, let us anoint the master who will help lead us in our new path." He lifted up her hood so we could all see Jinora's bright blue arrow on her head. She took off the robe that it showed down her arms. The air benders moved the smoke around the candles and made it dance around the room, whirling around as it made the whimsical noises of bells. We all clapped. 

I never felt more proud of my little sister.