Chapter 7: Long Live The Queen

We were riding in this stupid can for god knows how long. We've been tied up together and couldn't move, and let me tell you, I had a few cramps in my legs. It was so uncomfortable.

"If you think holding us hostage will give you some leverage, you're gonna be very disappointed." Mako said.

"Can't we enjoy time together in silence?" The water bender said rudely.

"And why did you need Korra alive back in Zaofu? You had her paralyzed. Why didn't you just take her out when you you had the chance?" Mako said.

"Look, all you need to know is that the world is about to change for the better." The lava bender said.

"So you guys were like locked up for fifteen years, huh?" Bolin said. "That must've been like crazy boring."

"Actually, it was only thirteen years but it felt like thirty." The lava bender said.

"I mean, what did you do with all that time?" asked Bolin. "Did you sing songs? Work on crafts?"

"Not a lot of craft supplies in a volcanic prison cell," the water lady said.

"And I must've renamed the constellations about a thousand times." The lava bender said. "When it rained, that was a big event."

"Huh, I would've killed for some rain," the water lady said. "Mostly I just made up stories about the guards. Who was having trouble with his girlfriend, which one secretly wished he became a pastry chef." I laughed.

"My grandmother was a pastry chef! She made some pretty good things back in with The Jasmine Dragon with General Iroh and Lord Zuko." I said.

"Oh yes, the granddaughter of the Lord Zuko and Lady River." the water bender said. "I'm sure it was."

"Let me try that on you guys!" Bolin said. "You were raised by an older sister, your mustache grew in when you were ten, and sensing-just sensing!-an unspoken attraction between you two."

"Two out of three, not bad." He said. The water bender looked away. So that one was correct.

"Bolin, will you stop making friends with the bad guys?" Mako asked.

"Sorry," Bolin said.

"Psh, it won't matter. Bolin makes friends with people wherever he goes." I said.

"Touché," Mako said.

"Ghazan, gag those three. We're almost there." Zaheer said.

"Aw, and I thought we were getting along so great." I said with a pout. I was gagged along with Bolin and Mako.

We arrived and we were carried around by the criminals. We were brought to the queen and thrown to the ground harshly.

"Ah, yes, I remember these three. We'll find an acceptable home in prison with the rest of the descendants." The Earth Queen said with a smirk. I glowered at her in hatred. "I was told you had some information for me. I hope this isn't just some ruse to try and increase your bounty."

"We don't want any bounty, your Majesty." Zaheer said. "You can consider these three as a thank you gift for simply taking the time to talk to us."

"How very magnanimous," the Queen said with a smirk. "So, where are my airbenders?"

"I'd be happy to tell you," Zaheer said. Psh, I bet he doesn't even know. "Once you hand the Avatar over to me."

"Who told you that we had the Avatar?!" She shouted.