Chapter 5: Old Wounds

The next day, Huan and I were outside making sculptors. Well, he was. I was watching him do his thing.

"And I call this the dying panda lily. It's about forsaken love that beckons heartbreak and tragedy." Huan finished. I clapped mesmerized by the sculptor.

"It's so mysterious," I said with a smile.

"Thank you, I've been thinking of doing something like this for a while and now I finally got the chance." He said. From a corner, I could see Bolin peeking out.

"Bolin? What're you doing?" I asked. He smiled sheepishly as he came out and walked towards us.

"Oh, no reason. Just came to check on you two." Bolin said. I growled at him with glaring eyes. He took a step back from me.

"Well, you can go now." I said.

"Vidya has to ask you something important!" Bolin blurted loudly.

"No I do not!" I gasped.

"Vidya really likes you! She thinks you're really cute and that you have a great personality!" Bolin exclaimed and ran off with such speed. My face reddened in embarrassment. I glanced over at Huan who had looked down at the ground, his face slightly pink.

"I-I'm so sorry. . . Bolin is an idiot. He doesn't know what he's saying. I'm so stupid. I should've never told him that in the first place. I'm going to kill him! Uhh--"

"I'm cute?" I heard him whisper over my rant. "You think I'm cute?"

"Uh, yeah." I mumbled. Why am I telling him this?! No, no, no!

"Uh, thank you." He said. I felt my face flushing red with embarrassment. "You're really pretty." Could my face get any redder?! It must've been like a bottle of ketchup!

"Thank you," I said. I felt like I was about to pass out. Oh god!

"So, do you really like me?" He asked. I sighed, nodding my head. He pondered for a moment as he turned away.

"Do. . . Do you like me?" I asked. He turned back towards me and nodded his head. Oh my gosh, he likes me back! He likes me back! He likes me back!

Wait, he likes me? HE LIKES ME?!

It was silent for a few minutes. Not one of us spoken a word. "So, now we know how we feel about each other, do you want to go out?" Right when I heard those words, I felt my knees shaking and my heart aching.

"Uh, sure." I said. He smiled at me and hugged me, his strong arms snaking around my waist. I hugged him in return. He departed when we heard a loud crash.

We ran towards the source where we found Lin and Su fighting. Wei, Wing, and Baatar Jr. came as well.

"Go, mom!" Wei shouted. Lin bended one of Huan's sculptures and threw it at her, missing and hitting the wall. Huan gasped.

"My sculptor!" Huan shouted as he ran after it. I followed behind to check on his masterpiece. It looked bent all around. "Actually, it looks kinda better now." I nodded my head agreeing. He was right. It did give it more depth.

Lin and Su continued to fight as they just kept attacking each other. Lin flew back and hit the stairs. She looked tired and worn out.

"You got it out of your system?!" Su shouted.

"Not quite yet!" Lin yelled back. She took the stairs from behind her and Su picked up a large boulder. They went for another round until Opal jumped between them shooting air in both directions causing the fight to stop.