Chapter 9: Enter the Void

We all sat down waiting for Korra to come back out from the talk with Zaheer. I sat next to Mako while Asami stood up on the other side of him. Bolin was pacing back and forth in worry.

"Will you sit down? I'm already tense enough as it is!" Mako said.

"I'm just worried about Opal," Bolin said. Aw, there's love~ "and Pabu's not here to comfort me! Ugh, I hope he and Naga are doing safe in Zaofu."

"I'm sure they're both fine, Bolin." I said. "But Tenzin . . . I hope him and the kids are all right. I can't lose any one else in my family. I can't lose anybody else."

"Ssh, hey. It's going to be okay." Mako said as he put his arm around me in comfort. I rested my head on his shoulder as I silently cried. I got tired of everything and just decided to take a nap on Mako's shoulder.

I woke up in the morning to find out that I was heading with Mako, Bolin, and Asami to do whatever the heck we were doing.

"Radio the second you see those air benders," Lin said.

"I will, Chief." Mako said. "Good luck." Lin nodded and walked off. Asami and Korra hugged.

"Be careful, Korra." Asami said.

"You too," Korra said. Then, when I thought she was going to hug me, she ran over towards Mako and hugged him instead. I crossed my arms. Bolin hugged onto Korra sobbing. I looked away, not wanting to get into this. She hugged them over me? What's with that? After all we've been through? After everything I've done for her?

I know what I'm doing straight after we win this battle. . .

We walked off and went straight down to business. Asami flew the airship as we went higher up.

"Oh, man." Bolin whispers as we looked at all the ruins of the temple. It was a complete disaster. It looked as if a tornado came through and wiped out everything.

"Must've been some fight," Mako said.

"Mako, do you see the air benders?" Korra spoke through the radio.

"Not yet. We're just arriving. Don't turn your self over until I get a visual of them." Mako said. Asami landed the airship and we got off, Bolin locking it in place. As we walked, we could see the lava bender coming out.

"Oh no," I breathed.

"This way." He said. "You want the air benders or not?" He walked off and we follows behind. I gasped when I saw Tenzin and all the other air benders. Tenzin was passed out looking all bruised up and in chains.

"Mako, what's going on?" Korra asked.

"They're here, but so is the lava bender." Mako replied.

"Wipe them out!" We all gasped. "Stand down." I sighed in relief. There was silence for a moment. "We have her." Ghazan gestured for us to go and we took that chance, me being the first to run up to Tenzin.

We sat him up and he opened his eyes as he looked straight into mine.

"It's okay, Tenzin. We're about to get you out of here. Don't worry, we got you." I said. Mako walked off to get the rest and I looked behind me to get up and help. But, it was all fake! The water bender had made the whole thing fake!

The girl bended water at us and we all attacked. I tried blinding them but it didn't work well. Dang it! I still can't get it down!

Suddenly, lava was casted throughout the ground and we didn't know what to do.