Chapter 6: The Stakeout

We've been traveling all night long and morning till we reached a small village. It was hot and tiring and I just wanted to sleep. I just rested my head on Mako's shoulder and eventually fall asleep until we arrived at the place.

"Aiwei's definitely been through here. Nice tracking, girl." Korra said as she pet Naga.

"Let's ask around. Maybe someone's seen him." Mako said. Asami parked the jeep and we walked inside a small little place. A few heads turned. I turned my head to see wanted posters. All but me.

Aw, that's not fair! I want to be wanted! That just shows that they care enough about me to have me back! How rude. . .

"There's one for each of us, except Vidya, for some reason unknown. "Wanted by her majesty, the earth Queen for crimes against the kingdom". I'm guessing this is because we took her Airbenders." Mako said.

"They weren't hers to keep! I swear if I ever see her pitchy little Queen face again, I am gonna--"

"Uh, guys." Asami interrupted. We turned to see every person staring at us in the room. One got out his sword. Most of them looked like bounty hunters. "We should get out of here." We traveled on the jeep again and I rode in the back with Mako once again.

"Naga found something!" Korra said as she jumped off the polar bear dog. I got off as well. Korra shifted the rock in front of her to see Aiwei's jeep.

We walked up to it to examine it closer. "This must be Aiwei's jeep. He can't be far." Asami said.

"Bolin and I will investigate the Misty Palms Oasis and see if he's hold up there." Mako stated.

"Yes. I love it when you talk like a cop." Bolin grinned.

"I'm coming too." Korra said.

"No. You, Asami, and Vidya wait here until he comes back. Besides, we don't want to cause too much attention to ourselves." Mako said.

"Alright." Korra said.

"Ooh! Mako! Mako! Mako! We should wear disguises and pretend we're going undercover. That way, no one will recognize us. Ha ha! Police work is so exciting!" Bolin said.

They both had ponchos and goggles on. I snorted with laughter.

"Alright, now we need our undercover identities. I'm an x9 Forces operative named Ting-Ting." He then came up with this weird back story about his 'life'.

"Enough! Let's just find Aiwei." Mako interrupted. Thank you!

"But I haven't even told you your backstory." Bolin said.

"I'm a cop. I don't have a backstory." Mako said as he walked off.

"Ooh! You're good at this." Bolin said as he followed after him. I just rolled my eyes. I just sat down on a rock looking away from everything, just minding my own business.

I missed Huan! I wanted him back! He was my very best friend and my first boyfriend! It felt so weird without him by my side. I wanted to see his luscious dark skin and his beautiful green eyes and oh~ those eyebrows! (In real life I have a weird obsession with men's eyebrows. Don't judge me.)

"We found Aiwei hiding in an inn!" Mako came walking back up to us.

"That's great!" Korra said.

"We found something too," Asami said. We did? Oops, I should've been paying attention. "It looks like he's going to meet Zaheer at sundown at a place called Xai Bau's Grove. But I can't find it anywhere on the map."