Chapter 1: Changes

Book III

Chapter 1: Changes

It was a quite a change since everything had been stopped. The war, I mean. Everything is so much better now that we get to live with the spirits by our side.

Everything is absolutely fantastic! I honestly think that Jinora and I are happiest about this than anyone else besides Korra. Well, it was almost fantastic. Asami told Korra about what happened between Mako and me, and she wasn't too happy about that. Let's just say that she almost killed me if Mako hadn't stopped her from doing so. We told her the truth but she didn't completely buy it. Afterwards, she confirmed we could date if we wanted to since Korra admitted they had broken up for sure this time. I still didn't date him.

Tenzin, Korra, and Jinora were trying to get rid of the vines in the city. I was watching my baby brother Rohan as I was playing with him outside while Ikki and Meelo were playing with Pabu.

That's when Uncle Bumi came running up to us out of breath. "You are not gonna believe what just happened! Where's your father?" He said.

"DAD!" Ikki screamed. Tenzin burst through the door immediately.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Tenzin asked as he came walking towards us. I picked up Rohan in my arms and walked over to the adults.

"The most amazing, wondrous, fantastical thing just occurred." Bumi said. "Okay, Bumju and I had a little fight. I made him this sweater and he didn't seem to like it and I'll admit, it might need work but it was my first attempt at knitting. So I was a little hurt." He put his hand over his heard in a dramatic way.

"Hilarious," Tenzin said. "Time for dinner, everyone."

"No! Check this out! I can air bend!" Bumi said a he did the hand movements but nothing happened. "Yeah, wait. Seriously, I was doing it." I just walked off as I headed towards dinner. I'm starving!

I sat down beside Jinora at the end of the table and we all began eating after the prayer.

"I swear I'm not making it up!" Bumi kept trying to air bend and I just felt really sad for him.

"Stop waving your arms around the table! It's not funny anymore." Tenzin said annoyed.

"It's not a joke," Bumi crosse his arms over his chest. Korra and Asami then walked in. I looked away from Asami. I didn't know if she even told her yet. There was nothing wrong what Mako and I did, but I was concerned.

"What's up with him?" Korra asked as she sat down beside me.

"Bumi said he air bended earlier but he can't now," Bolin answered. "Oh, and I guess he's not very good at knitting either."

"I gotta say, I love being apart of this family. You got the grumpy dad, the wacky uncle, the put upon mom, crazy kids! This is great!" Bolin said.

"Where's Mako?" Asami asked. Why does she care all of a sudden? Care to think that we're secretly dating?

"Oh, you mean the brooding teenager? He's staying at the police station." Bolin said.

"Still?"

"I told him Tenzin invited us to stay here since our apartment is a vine habitat now, but he said he had to focus on work." Bolin messed with his hair and squinted his eyes to imitate Mako. I laughed a little.

"Ugh! Hey, did you see that? I think the napkin moved!" Bumi said.

"You blew on it," Kya said.

"Wait, maybe I can only do it when my life is in danger." Bumi thought. "Bolin, bend a giant boulder at me!"

"Yeah, I don't think that's a good idea." Bolin stated.