Chapter 10: Touchdown

Nathan's P.O.V

"I fucking hate this." I laid on the bed and looked up at the ceiling. "So what actually happened?" Erica asked me, sitting on my desk chair. Erica is my 21 year old sister that has her own place 20 minutes from my house. "We went to a new year party and accidentally kissed in the dark, which felt really good. But I tried not to think too much about it. Then we were inches from kissing at the haunted house. And then I had a fucking wet dream about her which really fucked me up." I sat up, looking frustrated. "Do you like her?" I shrugged. "Well. Think about her for a second. Tell me about her." I thought about it. "She's really funny. She can also be really stupid at times. And cares way too much about other people. She's really awkward and shy. She's mixed with a cute Afro. She's has a really nice curvy body. She has a cute birth mark above her pink full lips. Oh and her chocolate brow eyes just pop when the light hits. And when she laughs she just brightens the whole room." I didn't realize I was smiling the whole time I was talking about her until I was done. Erica was smirking at me. "What?" She leaned in the chair crossing her legs. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you we're in love with her." I looked at her with a disbelieving expression. "I've told you before. I don't fall for girls." I got up to grab my phone. "Well you're going to have to make an exception for her seeing as you've fallen hard for her." I rolled my eyes and showed her a picture of Amelia. She looked up at me and smirked. "She's your type dude." I took the phone from her. "No she's not." "She's better than that blonde barbie bombshell bitch." If it wasn't obvious, Erica isn't a fan of Melanie. "Chill." She put her hands up in defence. "Maybe you have to figure out if you too have feeling for each other or not." I raised a eyebrow. "And how am I going to do that?" I sat back down on my bed. "You should invite her to my college football game. Try little gestures and see if she takes them." I sighed. "Fine." She looked down at my phone and back at me. "Are you going to invite her anytime soon?" I picked up my phone and started texting her.

Nathan: Hey

Amelia: Hiyah

Nathan: I'm going to a football game tomorrow. Wanna come?

...............

Amelia: Yeah sounds fun

Nathan: You can invite anyone you want. I'll text you the information

Amelia: Okie

"There. Done." Erica got up and ruffled my hair. "Good boy. See you tomorrow."

At the game, I waited for Amelia in the parking lot. I started smiling when I saw her get out her parents car. "You drove. I'm shocked." She started laughing. "It probably wasn't a good idea. I think I hit like 3 mailboxes." I put a arm over her shoulders and walked her to the the bleachers.

Erica spotted us and waved. "Hi I'm Erica, his sister." She extended her hand out to Amelia. "Hi I'm Amelia, it's nice to meet you." We all sat and waited for the game to start. "So, you in to football?" Erica asked Amelia. "Not really, but I've always wanted to see a game. Plus I get to hang out with him." I looked away when I started blushing. I never blush. "Aww, she makes you blush!" Erica said to me in Spanish. "Shut up." Gesture number one: Close talking. Once the game started, everyone started cheering. I leaned into Amelia's ear. "Do you need me to walk you through the game?" She laughed and leaned into my ear. "I definitely need that." Her voice sent butterflies flying in my stomach. 10 minutes into the game and explaining everything, it was time for gesture number two: eye contact. I pretended that she had a eyelash on her cheek. "You have a eyelash." I wipped her cheek and looked into her brown eyes. It was like they put me in some kind of trance, but I liked it. Now gesture number three: holding hands. After I explained the quarter back, I smothly put my hand over hers. I could see the shock in her eyes, But she intertwined our fingers. Her hand was warm and comforting. We held hands throughout the whole time. I was about to do gesture number four but I saw our faces on the kiss cam. We both looked at each other with pure shock. She closed her eyes and came closer. Without wasting any time, I held her cheek and kissed her. She let go but was still close to my face. "I'm sorry." I looked at her confused. "For making you kiss me." I let a faint laugh out. "It would've been embarrassing if we didn't." He nodded. "True that." The game was finally done and we were walking out.

"Amelia!" We all looked to see Felix. She seemed to be disappointed at something when he called out. He said hi to us all and kissed Amelia. "What are you doing here? I thought you had to do something." Amelia asked him. "I wanted to surprise you. I thought we could go out to eat." She looked at me and Erica. "Its okay girl you can go." Erica told her. "I'm glad I got to meet you." Amelia said hugging Erica. Amelia looked at me for a second before hugging me. I didn't want to let go, but I knew I had to. "Bye guys." Felix said waving while walking away. Amelia waved at us before turning to leave. I had a pain in my stomach, probably regret that I didn't make her stay. Me and Erica stood there until they drove off. "You were right," I began telling Erica. "I am in love with her.