Chapter 3: The wild child is born

"Where are you taking me?" Nathan dragged me down the halls. "You'll see." I rolled my eyes and grunted in response. "My mom is probably freaking out about where I am." He stopped us in our tracks. "You told them you would be late right?" I took out my phone to double check. "Yes but not this late." Nathan shrugged. "Then she will just have to wait then." I sighed. What did I get myself into? "We're here." I looked at the closed gym door. "Why are we at the gym?" "Becauuuuse-" he opened the two grand doors. "This." All around were decorations for what seemed like a pep rally. "China town theme?" He walked inside. "Yep." I followed after him. "What does this have to do with us?" He took his book bag off and grabbed two scissors and glue. "Nothing at all. Now start cutting." Without protesting and asking questions on what we're about to do, I got grab a pair of scissors and followed his lead.

It took about an hour to finish our cutting and gluing. We walked outside to the parking lot. I was honestly excited to see what was going to happen. "This is me." Nathan said opening his trunk. His car was a black 2016 scion fr-s. "So, you're into sports cars huh?" He closed his trunk and looked at me surprised. "Yeah. Are you into cars?" "No, this is just the car my brother wants." He nodded his head in response. Knowing Nathan, he probably goes 80 in a 35 speed limit. "Are you taking the late bus or driving with me?" Knowing the football team is the main one that's on the late bus and already going through that traumatic experience last Thursday was not a settling thought. But driving with a speed demon like Nathan wasn't either. I stood there trying to decide who I can rely my safety with. "Why are you just standing there?" Nathan already started the car and was waiting for me to decide. I looked back at the late bus and bit my lip. I sighed and got in his car. "I am trusting you with my life Nathan. My. Life."  He smirk in response and drove out the school.

I took out my phone and texted my mom to tell her I'm on my way. "Turn left or right?" I looked up not even paying attention to the road. "Left." It was actually quite awkward to be in the car with him. "So, how did you get this car?" I said, trying to make conversation. It was quiet for a moment before he answered. "My dad got it for me as a 16 birthday gift."  "Aww. That's sweet of him." His smile was sincere. "Yeah, it was." I could tell it was a touchy subject for him. And Nathan isn't the one to really talk about  his feelings so I didn't ask any questions. He turned the radio on to fill the awkward silence. Blessings by Big Sean came on. I started nodding my head to the beat and Nathan looked at me confused. "You listen to rap." Offended, I quickly responded. "Yes I listen to rap. What made you think I didn't?" He shrugged. "I don't know, you just seem like the type that only listens to people scream their feelings out." I raised my eyebrow. "You think I'm emo?" He looked at me. "I mean you wear a black sweater everyday, even when it's like 90 degrees outside and always sit on the ground by yourself instead of making conversation with people." I turned to face him more. "I'll have you know that those two things give me comfort." "This is what I'm talking about! You are in desperate need of my help to turn you into a party animal." "I never said I wanted to be a party animal." He laughed. "Oh trust me, you're going to crave the party scene after I'm done with you." My face expression turned disgusted from his choice of words. "You will not be finishing ANYTHING will me." Once we got to a stop light he looked at me with a grin. "Oh come on. You know you want to finish tons of things with me." I let out a chuckle. "I'd rather pick a plant instead of you." He shrugged, driving into my drive way. "Fine, suit yourself baby doll." Baby doll? He got closer and started talking in a hush voice. "Just know, that no one can resist this." "And what is 'this'?" He grinned. "My charm." I scooted back a little. "I think I can resist your.... 'Charm'." I put air quotes around charm and he started laughing. See ya later Jacobs." I closed the door and went upstairs.

"I'm home!" I yelled out. Once I walked out of the corner, my mom was standing there. I jumped. Why does everyone love to scare me?! "Who dropped you off?" She said in a demanding voice. "A friend." I started to walk into my room. How come I've never heard of this friend?" I sat on my bed while she leaned on the door frame. "I guess I thought it wasn't important to mention." She looked hurt. "You tell me everything!" I shrugged. "I'm sorry. I'll tell you about ALL the people I talk to." She sighed and rolled her eyes. She started to walk out but froze. "Is it a girl or boy?" She turned to look at me. "Does it matter?" "Yes. Yes it does." I sighed and spoke. "It's a guy. His names Nathan." Her face filled with happiness and her voice got higher. "Ah! My baby has a boyfriend!" My voice went higher in defence. "He's not my boyfriend! He's just a.... Acquaintance." I got up and put my shoes on the rack. "Is he cute?" She walked up behind me. I laughed. "That's an understatement." She raised a eyebrow. "I have to meet him." I went to the kitchen to get a water bottle. "Daddy will freak out." My mom had a thinking face on. "Don't worry, he'll approve. Hopefully."

At dinner we all sat at the table, which is very rare. It was awkward between all of us. My mom gave me a 'what are you waiting for' look so I just went into it head first. "Daddy?" He looked up from his phone. "Yeah?" "You would consider me as a young adult right?" "Yes." I started playing with my peas. "So I can make my own decisions right?" He looked at me confused. "Are you pregnant?" My eyes widened. "No! No!" I put my hands up. My mom grunted. "She has a guy friend." He looked at me crazy. "You have a boyfriend?" I put my head up in frustration. "No dad there's a difference. We've just been hanging out, nothing else." He wiped his mouth. "Hanging out can lead to many things." I picked up my plate and got up. "Trust me, none of that is happening. Remember, I'm going to be a 40 year old virgin with cats in hats." My mom took his plate onto hers and put it in the sink. "Well I want to meet him." "What!" I looked back at him. "I want to meet him, to see if he is a good kid." I sighed. "Sure, I can ask him." My dad nodded his head. I walked back into my room and plopped onto the bed, looking at the ceiling. He can be a good boy and not obnoxious.... Right?

It was the day of the prep rally. I walked down to the gymnasium by myself when I bumped into someone. "Sorry!" We both said at the same time. It was Felix and he started smiling. "Hey." I started to get red. "Hi." "You wanna walk together?" Still flustered, I nodded. He let a small laugh out. We both walked as I looked down at the floor the whole time. Once we got in there, I spotted Nathan talking to a group of girls. All of them giggling while he stood there smirking. "There he goes again." I was kinda jealous that he was talking to all those girls and hasn't said a word to me all day. Felix said walking up to him. I didn't know what to do so I just took a seat. Felix and Nathan took a seat by me, Felix on the left and Nathan on the right. "Sup Jacobs." Nathan said calmly. "Hey." I raised up a hand. "You ready for the show?" Felix popped his head in front of me. "What show?" Nathan laughed. "You will see my friend. You will see." The principal walked in front of the bleachers. "Are you ready?!" She asked the crowd. Faint cheers were released from the students. "I said, ARE YOU READY?!" They finally cheered louder. I tried to chime in but I felt awkward cheering in front of people. This is why I never go to concerts. Felix was going with the crowd, but Nathan sat there smirking. What is he thinking about? "Then let's GO!" Principal Baker moved out the way for the cheerleaders. They started dancing to a Chinese tune. Then a group of people the Chinese dragon me and Nathan were "tweaking" on. They started to go in circles going back and forth. Suddenly the caboose of the dragon ripped off. Ohs were echoed in the crowed. The people in the back of the dragon were stuck in the costume. They started to go insane and running all over the place. All the cheerleaders were being chased and pushed over. Everyone started running out the gym.

Once we were all out, Nathan started laughing hysterically. I couldn't help but laugh either, even though the cheerleaders are probably traumatized now. Pep rally, check.