Solitude

Saturday. Isabelle wasn't fond of weekends at all. Yeah she was probably the only teenager in the world who felt that way but for Isabelle weekends meant too much free time. You may ask what is wrong with free time? Well, Isabelle usually spent her free time thinking, and which usually lead her to realization of how lonely she is, and she didn't like thinking about that. She never showed or wanted to show vulnerability, not even to herself. That is why she hated weekends, loneliness would show its ugly head and seep through the tranquility of her penthouse and envelope her completely in its suffocating embrace. 

Isabelle was awake, lying under her soft sheets, staring at her ceiling and listening to the deafening silence of her home. She closed her eyes, wishing that she was back in vivid Paris, spending time with her grandparents, and exploring the city. Her parents haven't been home for almost the whole week. She saw her dad maybe once, and her mother one and a half times, if she counted the time she ran into her in the elevator. Brigitte was away, having a free day or something. Not even Perron was here, the dog walker took him out. 

Isabelle sighed and ran her fingers through her thick brown curls. She decided it was time to stop moping and pull herself together.

I am strong, I am fearless, and I don't need anyone, she motivated herself as she got out of her bed. 

She decided she had to get out of her house, or else she would get sucked in melancholy again, and inevitably start moping around. She thought of tonight's party, she didn't look forward to it, but that didn't mean she didn't plan on looking fantastic. She figured she should probably buy a new dress and heels, and besides now she had a reason to get out of her home.

She quickly texted her minions to be ready in an hour and wait for her at Fifth Avenue and 49th street. They all quickly responded that they will be there. She smirked mischievously, satisfied that she had such a power over them. 

***

A few hours later, she was walking down the street towards beauty salon with her minions. They were trailing behind her trying to keep up with her, but that proved a bit challenging since they were carrying their own and Isabelle's shopping bags. Isabelle went on a crazy shopping spree, spending thousands of dollars in just few hours. She seemed content though which her minions embraced with relief, they knew how scary she could be when not in the mood. 

They entered beauty salon where Isabelle, and the girls were immediately greeted by an overly polite lady at the entrance. The lady beamed at Isabelle, she was obviously new and wasn't acquainted with Isabelle's attitude.

"Listen new lady..." she said and squinted her eyes at her name tag then returned her piercing green gaze at lady's face, "Jessica...everyone knows me here and they know that my hair can be only touched by Pierre, so if you would please hurry, I don't have a whole day." she continued in a bored tone, and at the end flashed one of her fake smiles at Jessica.

"Uhmm...yes, of course Miss, I will call him immediately." Jessica responded nervously. She turned around gulping, and went to get Pierre. 

"Oh Isabelle, ma cherie, I see you've already intimidated my new worker." a young man in his thirties with slight French accent, and a stylish violet hair pouted at Isabelle as he approached.

Isabelle just smirked at his exclamation as he kissed her cheeks twice and motioned for her and her minions to follow him. 

"So what can I do for you today Miss Parrier, the usual?" Pierre asked her.

"Yes, the usual, but put a bit extra effort, I want to look spectacular tonight." she answered him.

"Ma cherie you know that I always put extra effort, and besides you always look spectacular." he gingerly responded.