Four: Drained Pageant Queen

Wesley

I caught a glimpse of Naomi and her blonde bimbo of a Prince Charming making out on the sand. I scoffed to myself and stared. What the hell did she see in him? He was an ass. She obviously didn't see it but his whole "perfect boy" image was just a facade to get chicks in his pants. Chad was completely transparent. After an eternity of them swapping spit, I saw her stand up and start walking in my direction. Her button nose was scrunched up and she seemed upset.

He yanked her back to him and I was urged to go do something about it. I couldn't leave because Paula was going on about something her friend had told her about me which I honestly couldn't care less about. Paula and I saw each other as objects we used when we needed stress relief. You can figure out what I mean by that. It was easy going and no strings were attached.

I focused back on Naomi and I saw her storm off. I knew he'd screw it all up. What an idiot. My gaze followed her through the crowd until she got to the bar. She fiddled with her phone and looked around until our eyes met. Naomi was completely out of it. She barely got a smile out towards me before she hit the ground. I swear to god if Roscoe spiked her drink, I'd kill him. Or at least get pretty damn close to it. I apologized to Paula for leaving her suddenly but I had to rush over and see if Naomi was okay.

I kneeled down next to her and yelled at the server for water. I rested her head on my lap and attempted to wake her up by moving her around. That didn't work so I had to do something she might kill me for later. I poured water on her; that did the trick. She squealed back to consciousness and squirmed around in my arms.

"Thank god," I muttered underneath my breath.

"What just happened?" She asked completely shocked. I didn't blame her.

As much as I wanted to be my witty self around her, right now just wasn't the time. "You passed out, you're okay now." I took a napkin and tried to dry her off. I looked around for her friends but they were no where to be found.

It looked like I was going to chauffeur her back to safety. I couldn't sneak her back into her place when she was this badly intoxicated so I decided since my parents were away for the night, I'd let her crash in my bed while I slept on the floor.

I carried her bridal style to my car and helped her sit. Naomi looked sickly. I knew I'd better hurry up before she hurled all over my car. I drove us quickly and once the door opened to get outside, she ran to a bush and did her thing. I helped her with her hair and just stood there. How the hell did we get here?

She never did this. Naomi was known for being careful about these things. She was a baby and knew she couldn't handle this. I don't even know when I started caring about her this much. We've always been friends but lately it's been changing. She's noticed and hell so have I.

It was like things changed over the summer. The school year had just started a few months ago and I felt a shift in our friendship almost instantly. She walked through the school doors in a short, white t-shirt dress that showed off her long, tan legs and a denim jacket that added a touch I couldn't resist. I had always been attracted to her but it's like all my feelings were intensified. This caused me to be more flirtatious when fighting with her. At first, I was unsure how she'd take it but she reciprocated the behavior so I just kept it going.

She had finished and was sitting on the ground with a drained expression on her face. Even with a face like that, she'd still win any beauty pageant. At least in my book.

I helped her up and led her inside. She slurred her words and I could barely make out what she was saying. I shushed her and told her to relax.

I looked through my clothes and got her a big t-shirt and sweatpants as well as a brand new travel-set toothbrush and toothpaste. She thanked me and got ready for bed. Naomi seemed to have washed her face and looked refreshed when she returned to my room. I had already gotten ready for bed and was in sweatpants that hung low on my hips.

"I'm assuming I'm sleeping on the couch?" She asked, yawning and stretching her arms.

"Not quite. You're taking my bed and I'll take the floor. I'll be here in case you need anything." I started laying out blankets and pillows when her hand got a hold on mine.

"Get in your bed, Ridges."

I was ready to refuse but then she climbed into bed, too. Slightly confused, I picked up my things and joined her. She didn't say a word. All she did was lay her head on my shoulder and hug me. Naomi whispered a weak "goodnight" and she drifted off.

Whatever just happened was totally uncalled for; however, I didn't seem to mind at all.