Chapter 19: What's happening to me?

Začít od začátku

"If you can do that then why the hell am I wearing a t-shirt and nothing else?" Zac bends his head down as a choking sound comes from his throat then he throws his head back and roars with laughter. Rolling my eyes I skirt around him and sit on the bench as I wait for him to finish. After a few more chuckles he sits down beside me and waves his hand and just like that I'm wearing a pair of shorts. Then he holds his hand out and raises a brow. Sighing I hold my hand out palm up. He places something in my hand and closes my hand into a fist.

"Wear this. When the time comes it will glow a bright purple. Say my name and I will come." He goes to stand and I open my hand to see a simple crystal hanging on a leather throng.

"Really? That's it?" He bows deeply before disappearing into thin air. Sometimes men are just a pain in the ass. Why would I need to call on him? What did he know that I didn't?

.............

"Lea?" I blink my eyes open to see my mates staring down at me. My eyes widen at the suppressed anger in their eyes.

"Why are you two staring at me like that?" Duke growls lowly as Lore speaks.

"Where the hell did those clothes come from and what's that thing around your neck?" Gasping I jerk upright as Duke and Lore pull back to avoid banging heads with me. My hands fumble to my neck to see I'm wearing the crystal that Zac gave me. I look down and see I'm wearing the shorts as well. Holy shit it was real. It was....I jerk my head up as my mates start to growl. Scowling I thump Duke in the nose as I bear my teeth at Lore.

"If you would give me a damn minute I'll explain since I thought it was just a dream. And stop growling at me." They shut up. Men are a pain in my ass.

...............

TWO HOURS LATER

My hair floats around me as I skim my hands through the salty water. I feel something grab at my foot and I jerk causing me to sink below the surface. As I tread water to keep from sinking to the bottom I see a hand grasp for me. Quickly I reach out and grasp the hand in mine and pull us both back to the surface. As soon as I break to the surface the figure in my arms starts to choke. Brushing the hair back from the child's face as I tread water I see it's a boy with very delicate feature. His hair is a deep black and his nose is turned up at the end. He has full lips and bright green eyes. He's probably twelve or thirteen. As he finishes coughing up water he looks up at me with a bright red flush in his cheeks.

"Sorry Alpha. I...ahh...sorry. Do you....could you swim me back to shallower water. I got pulled out by the waves." I smile as I speak.

"Call me Lea and how about I teach you how to swim...." The boy stares at me a moment before he realizes I want to know his name.

"Romeo. Do ya think you could teach my twin sister as well Alpha...I mean Lea?" As we get close enough to the beach Romeo stands and I realize he's taller than I am. Jeez, I'm short. As we walk towards my mates I see a girl that look exactly like Romeo come running towards us as soon as she realizes who's with her brother she stumbles and falls to her knees, ducking her head in submission. I look at Romeo and he sighs softly as we walk closer to his sister.

"Juliet and I were.....abused by our Alpha. That's how we ended up in Alpha Coner's pack. She's very submissive and still refuses to speak even though it's been four years since we got away and six months since we found Alpha Coner." We reach his sister and Romeo kneels to pull his sister to her feet. She whimpers and tucks her head into his side, refusing to look at me. Lore and Duke watch from a hundred yards away, waiting. Looking up at the sky I spoke.

"Do you know how I became Alpha?" Romeo shakes his head and Juliet peers at me from beneath her lashes. I meet her eyes and allow her to see my expression.