Chapter 5: Still A Crossover

A\/N: Will go over some stuff that is in the chapter of 'Falling' but from 'I am Nothing' characters POV

LEA POV

As we walk the street leading to the club I find myself wishing Cara is truly safe. I look over at Deke, who's holding a sleeping Caine. Lore has Abel. We are walking to the club from the hotel room we'd gotten. I look over at Lore, who seems to be deep in thought.

"Why do Clans that are behind the veil not shift until after their first child, if their female?" Lore looks at me, his eyes bright.

"I think it's because they are behind the veil. In theory they don't have to worry about their safety because they have men to protect them. The Bear Clan is so small that we have never been behind the veil. We either live separately or they live with you." I tilt my head, considering.

"I guess that makes sense. Though I still can't believe that the goddess has given us the gift of turning our humans mates into us." Lore grins causing me to stumble over my own feet. Immediately he catches my arm with his free hand and sparks jump between us. I straighten, avoiding his eyes.

"What's your favorite color?" I do blush then and Deke laughs as he playfully elbows me in the side.

"Subtle Lea." I duck my head as Lore answers.

"Black." Deke chuckles and rolls his eyes when I glare at him.

"Jeez, one of you is as blunt as the other. Don't hold back or anything."

"Bite me, Deke." Deke growled teasingly, snapping his jaws. I look in front of us to see a large three story building with a large sign saying 'Nite Life'. I glance over at Deke to see his smile has been replaced with a grim expression. I squeeze his arm and gesture for me to go first. He nods and I ignore the line to get in the club and walk over to the bouncer. He has a green Mohawk and a bored expression as he watches me. Making sure my back is to the crowd I face him.

"You have to get in line to get in." I meet his eyes as my eyes start to glow.

"I'm Alpha Lea of the bear clan. I have reason to believe that one of our clan was rescued by two of your clan. Her name is Cara." The man stiffens at Cara's name and looks me up and down as his eyes narrow.

"Are you the one that hurt her?" A growl escapes me as I hear Deke and Lore come up behind me.

"No it was the old Alpha and I killed him." The man stopped glaring at me and nodded.

"I'll show you to Alpha Coner. Follow me." We follow him in, music pulsating around us as we enter the club. I glance over at Deke when he starts to growl low in his throat. I glance over at the stage to the right of us and see Cara dancing with a guy. I quickly take Caine from him as I speak.

"Calm down Deke...." But he ignores me as he rushes across the room. "Lore hand me Abel and go get Deke. He doesn't know what's going on he might...." I watch in surprise as the man holding Cara places a hand on Deke's chest as Cara curls into the guy's side, flinching away from Deke. Deke screams as the man touches him then all hell breaks loose.

The music is cut off as the guy with the mohawk, a younger boy, and an older man grab Deke and pull him back from the guy holding Cara. I hear Deke screams as the music cuts off. Lore hands me Abel so he can help. The twins start to whimper as I see stairs in the corner.

"Boys go wolf and go to those steps over there. I'll take care of Deke." I set the twins down and they run over to the stairs and shift as I walk over to where Deke is fighting to get free of the guys holding him. I walk over to them and see how close Cara is hugging the guy. He looks down at her and I see the look in his eyes. I look over at Lore as I speak to him and Deke through the bond.