Finally 18

**Big shoutout to my girl Jaime:) And Maddy(aka @macat22) too. Love you weirdos <3

Ringing the doorbell, Jess fixed her hair before Jaime opened the door. It was the first time she straightened it in a while and thought it looked bad. She wanted it to be perfect for Shawn's party later. Jaime opened the door and let her in. Hauling the giant box she held, Jess walked into Jaime's home, a place she went to since she was four.

"Woah, what is that?" Jaime asked.

"Half of Shawn's present." Jess said with a smile. She had spent so long preparing his present, she was surprised she hadn't given up weeks ago.

"Ok then. I just got him an iTunes gift card. My gift looks like dirt compared to yours."

"Well, he is not your boyfriend so I think we are pretty even."

Jaime shook her head at Jess. "You really love him, don't you?"

Jess blushed. "...Yeah." Jaime laughed and took the box, putting aside.

"Come on, lets go up to my room." The girls went to Jaime's room and hung out for about an hour.

"PLEASE!!! PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE PRESENT IS!! PLEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!" Jaime begged Jess. But Jess just shook her head.

"No. Shawn's present is a surprise. I can't take the risk that he will find out." Jess trusted Jaime with her life, but there was still a chance she would say something or tell someone something and ruin the whole thing. Jaime pouted, but had to soon get over it, for they were going to Shawn's house.

Jess gave Jaime's mom the address and she drove them there. Once they arrived, the girls hopped out of the car. Her mom followed.

"Mom, what are you doing?! Get back in the car!" Jaime quietly yelled at her mother.

"Jaime, you have never been here before and I just want to meet his mom and see everything. Make sure everything is...alright."

"MOOOMMM! You don't need to do that! This is Shawn Mendes, the gorgeous pop singer, the guy on all the magazines, my best friend's BOYFRIEND, the writer of Stitches and Treat You Better, the boy with the voice of an angel, one of the freaking hottest dudes in the universe, probably the-!"

"Happiest guy in the world to see three lovely ladies standing in his driveway." Shawn said, walking out of his front door. Jaime's face went bright red because she knew he must have heard everything she said about him. Jess ran up to him and gave him a giant hug.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she screamed in delight. Grabbing his cheeks, she pinched them and made herself as tall as she could. "Oh, look at this little baby. All grown up. My big boy!!" she said in the way a grandmother would do to her grandson. Shawn shook her off.

"Not the cheeks girl! I do have a face that needs to stay perfect, you know." he said with a laugh. The two of them smiled at each other and Shawn leaned down to kiss her. Their lips met for just a second and then they pulled away. Jaime and her mom just looked at them.

"I just can't believe you are freaking 18!!" Jess exclaimed.

"Yeah, I guess I am an old guy now. By the way, hi Jaime. And you would be her mom, I assume? I'm Shawn, nice to meet you." He stuck out his hand and shook Jaime's mom's.

"Nice to meet you too honey. I've heard so much about you. Its so nice to finally see you in person. In the past, I've only seen pictures, posters, and card board cut outs." She flashed her eyes at Jess.

"Wait Jess, you have a cardboard cut out of ME?" (I actually do:} teehee)

"Yeah, but I got rid of it when we met. Would have made things a little awkward, you know. I could only be with one of you and then the one I didn't choose would feel left out." Jess said, trying to hide her embarrassment with humor. She never told Shawn about the cutout because it would have weirded him out. Truth was that she actually still had it in the storage room.