. I've never had visions before. The nurse gives me a gentle smile.

It;s a forced smile that stretches across her lips. Her face is ready to break and reveal the truth.

I wondered what it is like to inject children with medication and watch people talk to themselves all day. Why would someone force himself or herself to endure that kind of a torture?

The nurse leads me down the hallway and I cover my ears to drown out the rest of the patient's screams.

She leads me into the cafeteria. Residents are running back and forth. Some residents are flinging off their clothes and running across the halls.

Nurses are running across the hospital and doing their best to catch the misbehaved residents. Other residents talk to themselves as they rock themselves back and forth like a small abused child

 I wonder if the residents were crazy to begin with or if this institution has turned them crazy. I wonder if I'll end up like the rest of the residents.

I wonder if I'll sit in the corner and rock myself to the point of madness. I walk to an empty table and sit down.

I glance around the cafeteria but I don't see Hannah. I don't want to think about where she is.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" A voice asks.

I shrug.

I look up to see the same boy from yesterday. The same boy that Hannah is obsessed with.

I can feel his gaze penetrating into my skin.

"How long have you been here?" He asks.

His voice is calm and soothing.

His strange eyes seem to be glowing under the florescent lights.

Too long, I sign.

I don't expect him to understand.

But he smiles.

"I've only been here for a day. But it already feels like a year has passed." He says.

How did you end up here? My question lingers in the air. 

That is when he places his hand over mine. His fingers trace over the lines on my palm. Electricity shoots through my veins.

It's been a long time since anyone has touched me like that.

"Now, I can't give all my secrets at once. I might consider telling you if you tell me how you end up here." He says.

I'm crazy. Just like the rest of the residents

"I don't think you are." He says.

I think that if I tell him that he might leave.

I tried to kill myself, I sign.

"Well, I don't blame you. I'd rather slit my own wrists then be here." He says.

Humor flashes in his eyes.

I am missing somethin?

 I shrug.

It's like trading one hell for another hell, I sign.

"Why did you say that? What was your life like before?" He asks.

You're asking too many questions. Besides, I can't give away all of my secrets.

"You stole my line."  He says.

I did, I sign. He leans in closer.

"I'll see you, around." He says.

In a flash, he's disappeared down the hall.

When I look up, I see Hannah standing in the corner of the cafeteria.

I see the venom in her eyes and I can't figure out why she's angry. She tucks a black notebook under her arm and marches over to the table.

Her feet pound against the ground.

The sound echoes off the walls.

But as she comes closer and closer, the sound begins to ring into my ears

. She slams her notebook down on the table and looks me dead in the eye.

"I thought you were my friend." She says.

Her voice is shaking with every syllable. What are you talking about?

"I think you know exactly what I'm talking about. I told you that I saw him first but you couldn't let me have him. You had to take him for yourself." She says.

Hannah, I don't think you understand. He just came over here to talk. I have no interest in him, I sign.

"I think your lying. I think you've been plotting to steal him all along." Hannah says.

You're paranoid, I sign to her.

Hannah can't be consoled. She disappears in the dark. I think Hannah must be crazy if she thinks I would jeopardize our friendship over a guy. I sink low into my chair. It doesn't matter if Hannah is crazy or not. She is made up her mind and she has decided that she hates me. And, I think I just lost my best friend.

Now, I'm alone again.