“I see.. found yourself a sugar daddy huh?” George said, laughing haughtily “But aren’t you engaged to that beautiful model… why have this thing, when you have her?”

Nick placed my suitcase down and placed both of his hands calmy on the dusty counter.

“Can you please process Sarahs paperwork so I can get her the heck out of this establishment” Nick warned, his voice low. I felt frightened by his tone, but intrigued by It at the same time. I found myself smiling at him  in some kind of weird admiration. He turned and looked at me, the let his face melt from anger to a smile that mirrored mine.

George shrugged, and took the key from my hands. He handed me a receipt and explained he didn’t have to give me a refund. Instead of fighting it, we left.

Nick put my suitcase in his boot and then we got back inside the skyline.

“Thank whatever deity is out there, that you’re out of that hell hole” Nick murmured, starting up his car.

“it really wasn’t that bad Nick” I lied,  I had fooled myself in to believing it was okay out of necessity.

“It was. Look, I have a spare room, crash for as long as you need. It’s right by work, and I’m not a bad housemate, I cook and clean and I put the toilet seat down” Nick joked

“How about your fiancée Nick? How is she going to take the news that you’ve brought some girl into your home” I asked, ruefully wondering why I’d not used it earlier to put him off this ridiculous idea.

Nick sighed and rested his head on the back of his seat

“She’s away for another two weeks. Besides she has her own place. She wants to save living together for marriage” Nick replied finally “She won’t have a problem with this arrangement”

His voice was higher in the second half of his sentence, and I knew he was lying. I knew she’d have a big problem with it. I felt guilty that I was potentionally going to get Nick in to trouble, but there was no turning back now, not until I was paid in a weeks time.

We arrived back in the city 30 minutes later, When Nick had said his place was close to work, I’d imagined just outside the city, but When nick pulled into an underground carpark for an apartment complex in the block just before ‘booked up’ I was ever so slightly shocked

“You weren’t kidding about being close to work” I remarked

“Most days I walk, but since I wasn’t planning to be there all day I took the car”

Nick parked the car and we headed up toward a foyer like entrance, Nick swiped his wallet against a passcard reader and the door into the foyer opened. In front of us were three silver elevators and a stair case.

“Let me guess. Another lift?” I groaned. The last thing I wanted to do was get into another elevator with is man. We'd kissed twice and somehow, I was now going to be staying in his apartment. This had all happened in less than 24 hours. One more elevator ride was just asking for trouble.

Nick just laughed and nodded

“What floor are you on?” I asked, completely serious about running up the stairs.

“The top floor Sarah, the 20th” He replied as he pressed the button, he placed my suitcase on the ground while he waited.

Of course he had the penthouse suite. Why wouldn’t he.

I walked to the stair case and glanced behind me, Nick looked confused, shocked even

“Right, well see you soon” I exclaimed as I began running up the stairs.